Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Crystal Chen is very interested in technology products. Experiencing many technological applications, She is willing to solve users' problems through writing tech-related articles. Through her words, you can find various solutions to solve one issue. …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to multimedia tools including screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data security, including articles about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
What you'll learn in this guide:
- Dropbox Capture: Thorough Review
- Loom: Thorough Review
- Dropbox Capture & Loom Alternative - EaseUS RecExperts
- FAQs on Dropbox Capture & Loom
Nowadays, screen sharing and recording are turning into a new normal. With screen recording capability, you can record your game to see a significant move in detail or an office meeting where you cannot jot down any important points. You can find many options for video recording and sharing from the comfort of your home.
Today, we review two amazingly working cloud-based screen recording and video-sharing options. These are Dropbox Capture and Loom. Get an insight into their main features, ups, and downs, and decide which is better for you. If you still need clarification, try our suggested alternative for these two as a straightforward choice.
Dropbox Capture: Thorough Review
Being an extension of Dropbox, Dropbox Capture allows capturing of videos along with a screenshot facility. It also helps in recording your screen and the camera and microphone. It also facilitates team coordination by creating a screen recording of any technique or procedure. You can give your team thorough guidance without repeating the steps repeatedly. It also assists with video and audio recording.
- It assists with recording Zoom meetings and sharing recordings so your audience or clients can watch them at their own pace.
- Personalizing your message helps create more deeply with your teammates, customers, or clients.
- It assists with creating how-to videos so you can send them across the globe to anyone.
- It helps you toggle between apps like Slack; Hello Sign, Zoom, or Dropbox integrations for connecting your content to tools.
- It provides you with expiring links, permissions for downloading content, and password protection to ensure the shared files are secured.
- You can customize the screen recording capability.
- You can use functions like redo, pause, and deletion of recordings when required.
- You can protect your files from unwanted edits, hackers, omissions, or viruses by using Dropbox Capture.
- You will find it quite convenient as you will not have to switch between apps or search for required files.
- It only provides an editing facility once you have captured the video.
- The comments feature is missing here while watching the posted videos.
Does Dropbox Capture Have a Time Limit? Answer Is Here
The Dropbox Capture time limit is based on the subscription plans. The basic plan offers 120 minutes and the advanced offers unlimited recording time. The article discusses the subscription plans, how to use Dropbox Capture, and an excellent alternative, EaseUS RecExperts for basic and professional purposes.
Loom: Thorough Review
Loom has a user base of more than 14 million and is a top-rated platform that is used to record videos at your convenience. It also assists you with link sharing facility so your peers, relatives, or friends can watch the content with you simultaneously or whenever they want. Zoom also works with the same concept, but in Loom, the participants may be absent from participation. Along with video sharing and recording, it also allows video analytics and editing.
- The Loom user interface is intuitive and enables access to the proper devices for audio/video.
- There are plenty of link-sharing options.
- With the folder system, it is seamless to organize videos.
- Multiple apps and integrations, and recording features are also very seamless.
- It provides you with notifications in real time.
- The camera overlay provides easy and quick screen recording.
- Video view notifications appear for reference.
- You get multiple integrations with Loom.
- You can get notes and comments as annotations.
- It is more challenging to use than the Loom alternative - Dropbox Capture.
- The pen-to-draw feature needs to be added in Loom.
Dropbox Capture & Loom Alternative - EaseUS RecExperts
We hope you found the pros, cons, and valuable features of dropbox capture and Loom. But as far as dropbox capture vs Loom is concerned, Dropbox offers users better integration, version control, security, and sizeable file-sharing scope. Additionally, a dropbox account helps you access files, photos, etc., and share them. On the other hand, Loom bags points over Dropbox capture regarding search functionality, analytics, and ease of video sharing capabilities.
However, if you are looking for a desktop app that overcomes all the cons of the audio recording and video sharing tools, EaseUS RecExperts can be your ideal choice.
EaseUS Rec Experts is an all-round Mac and Windows screen recorder with capabilities like full-screen recording, recording a particular part of your screen, or editing while screen recording. This comprehensive screen recorder also records your screen and webcam st the same time and does not leave a watermark. It also assists you in capturing your unique voice crisply to give you a clear audio recording.
- Provides lossless playback without compression for 4K HD videos, even in raw format.
- Allows playing the video directly, giving you quick player access by creating a shortcut.
- Provides easy file management by giving accessibility to batch deletion of files.
- Provides easy drag and drop facility for input and output of videos in 13 formats.
- Refines videos by using advanced frame-by-frame options precisely, keeping track of milliseconds.
You must download and use the software to get to know it better. So, please give it quick accessibility and unleash its potential for recording your screen or editing your video in top-notch quality. It is undoubtedly a better alternative to the discussed tools that overcomes their cons easily.
As we discussed in detail about Dropbox Capture and Loom, we came across specific points that were up for Dropbox but were a downside for Loom and vice versa. In contrast, Loom has better analytics to show the data for those logged in and better video sharing capabilities. As a result, Dropbox Capture has better ease of use and integrations with apps like Canva, Slack, etc.
However, when we dug deeper, EaseUS RecExperts emerged as a better alternative for both tools, as mentioned earlier. With impressive screen recording capability in high quality, it is also easy to use and pocket friendly, making it an ideal choice as Dropbox Capture and Loom alternative. So download it right away!
FAQs on Dropbox Capture & Loom
If you have thoroughly reviewed Dropbox Capture and Loom, it's time to check out some exciting FAQs.
1. Is Dropbox capture good?
Yes, Dropbox capture's free plan is suitable for primary users. However, if you are a professional looking for an affordable screen recording and sharing alternative, EaseUS RecExperts can offer better features at a low price.
2. Is Dropbox capture free?
Yes, the basic version of dropbox capture comes for free. However, you must pay around $9.99 monthly for Plus, $16.99 monthly for Family, and $16.58 for Professional plans. If you have teams, you can also opt for the following:
- Standard plan at $15/user/month.
- Advanced program at $24/user/month.
3. What is Dropbox capture?
Dropbox capture is an excellent tool for easy, fast, straightforward work sharing. It enables taking screenshots of a part or full screen of your Mac and PC that you can share with individuals later.
4. Is Loom a good screen recorder?
Loom is a good screen recorder available for free, enabling you to do screen recording and use a webcam simultaneously. You can capture your screen in high definition up to 4K.
One-click to capture anything on screen!
No Time Limit, No watermarkStart Recording