Table of Contents
Many people need to record the full screen of their computers, like teachers and YouTubers who need to make video tutorials. To obtain recordings of high quality, a powerful full screen video recorder is needed.
There is a list of the best full screen video records for Windows and macOS. If you need a wonderful full screen recorder, keep reading this post and apply the features of those tools.
1. EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is a free full-screen recorder that offers a complete solution when it comes to recording the screen. Its recording functions can appeal to users who are into gaming, tutorials, and webcam capturing. Most importantly, this tool is helpful to record full screen on Windows 10 and export the videos in high quality.
Also, you can use it to make a facecam video by adding the webcam easily. Therefore, it provides with you all basic needs for screen and audio recording. Here are more features that you can explore.
- Screen recorder with facecam
- Record full screen video with system sound
- Capture computer audio and external voice
- Record Zoom meeting with audio easily
- Take a screenshot of the full screen
To capture the whole screen, this is a full-screen recorder you can't miss. Click the button below to download it!
How to Record Full Screen on Windows 10:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS RecExperts on your computer. Before recording, you can choose from two recording modes. To record the whole screen, choose the "Full Screen" mode; to record a part of the screen, select "Region".
Step 2. You can also choose to record the screen with your webcam, system sound, microphone. Just click to select them. You can also set auto split, auto recording with various functions on the interface.
Step 3. Then, click on the red "REC" button to start recording. To pause the recording, click on the white double vertical bar; to end the recording, click on the red square sign. They are located on the menu bar appearing on your screen.
Step 4. After recording, you will be led to the recording list. Here you can view, split, extract audio, take screenshots, ans manage your recordings, etc. To start a new recording with previous settings, click on the "REC" button on the top of the window.
CamStudio can record all screen and audio activities on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files. Using its built-in SWF producer can turn those AVIs into bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs). It is completely free, and when recording, you can use screen and webcam annotations easily.
- Allow screen captions, video annotation, picture-picture
- Support keyboard shortcuts
- Full screen video recorder
- The interface is not so user-friendly
- Crashes occur sometimes
ShareX is an open source screen recorder that can capture the full screen. The best part of using ShareX is that it can offer Workflow. They are profiles where all input and output settings are predefined. If you deal with some recordings every day, this tool is suitable for you.
If you upload all the files regularly to a destination, it can be defined here. Then there is a history section that gives you access to all previous recordings.
- Highly configurable profile builder for any recording and screen capture
- Hotkey to instantly start and stop recording
- Support scrolling capture, Text capture (OCR), and Auto capture
- The overwhelming user interface which tons of options will confuse users
- Huge learning curve
4. Free Screen Recording
When you launch this application, all you need is to click "New Recording", select an area, and start recording. Even being simple, it offers fantastic features that will be useful for many users to create tutorials.
It provides you with a basic version for free, and there is no obvious watermark added to the final output.
- Capture the screen
- Support voiceover
- Best full screen video recorder
- Cannot add annotations easily
- Export video in the limited format
It's a video editor and recorder that has built recording functions. When you launch it, you can then use the recording modes to capture games and anything that is on the computer. The game recording part is exciting as you can find the game easily and then get the proper settings for the best video quality.
- Simple interface with zero learning curve
- Best full screen recorder
- Instantaneous upload to social media platforms like YouTube
- Slow video rendering
6. macOS Built-in Recorder
macOS offers an enhanced version of a screen recorder, which is free for everyone on the platform. The native screenshot tool has been expanded to a perfect video recorder.
If you are using macOS Mojave or later, press Shift-Command (⌘)-5 on your keyboard to see onscreen controls for recording the entire screen, a selected portion of the screen, or capturing a still image of your screen.
- Choose to display floating thumbnail useful
- Integrate well with macOS sharing features
- Multi-monitor support is missing
- Limited editing support
7. QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is the default tool for macOS. The software can record videos and play videos. It is simple to record video and audio at the same time. The audio resource is limited to external sound.
You only need to open QuickTime Player from your Applications folder, and then choose File > New Screen Recording from the menu bar.
- Record, play and share the recording
- Display current file size of the recording
- Support webcam recording
- Record in H.264 video and 44100 Hz AAC audio
- No way to record video in MP4 format
- Video editor is fundamental
- Limited to macOS only
8. OBS Studio
There are too many restrictions to record screen for Mac, but you can use OBS Studio. It's a free and open-source software for both recording and live streaming. The software offers high performance and real video and audio capturing. You can even record from multiple sources, use the audio mixer with filters, etc.
Lastly, settings offer configuration to tweak every aspect of the recording and broadcast. When you set it up for the first time, you can optimize only for recording instead of broadcasting.
- The plugins and add-ons ecosystem offers a lot of free options
- Tweak for performance and quality
- Best free full screen video recorder
- Support live broadcast of games over Twitch, Facebook, etc.
- Some features are gimmicks
- The user interface is complicated for beginners
9. Movavi Screen Recorder
It's a popular screen recorder that can record streaming videos, system sound, etc. You can select an area and instantly start recording. If you have multiple monitors, you can always choose one of them or choose an area you want to record. It offers a complete solution as a screen recorder. That said, the software is free to use, and you can edit the audio files once the video is recorded.
- The timer can be set to start recording automatically
- Support various output format
- Add a webcam and microphone
- Limited free version
- Cannot use the green screen
- Hard to edit videos
TinyTake is a lightweight software that allows capturing images and recording the macOS screen. This software offers annotations and enables you to share your capture as links instantly. Once you download and install the software, make sure to sign up and use this software.
Once you log in, it offers a vertical view of all captured images, videos, and YouTube uploads. Click "Capture" and select an area to start recording. Ensure to configure system audio and microphone before you start recording.
- Built-in online file viewer for images, videos, and documents
- Capture video from a webcam
- Limited to 5 minutes of video recording
- Video files are saved as MP4 only
- Limited editing features
This post covers many powerful full screen video recorders on macOS and Windows. Among them, EaseUS RecExperts is highly recommended as you can use it to record full-screen videos easily. It also allows you to record games, desktops, webcam, and audio. Hit the button below to get it now!
Was This Page Helpful?