Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to multimedia tools including screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data security, including articles about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
The audio recorders can help you in quite different situations - from capturing your child's first words to the multitrack recording of your favorite song performance. The audio recording software allows you to capture your own voice, Skype conversation, or online lecture. Then you can edit the audio file, enhancing the voice, adding effects, cropping unwanted parts, etc. This guide will show you the top 10 audio recorder Windows 7 users can choose from.
1. EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is a high quality sound recorder for Windows 7 that can perform many recording tasks, as it's a multipurpose screen recording software. It can capture a full screen or only part of the screen, making it easy to capture your Skype or Facebook call, record the online discussion, and many others. Before recording, you can select the appropriate output video/audio parameters, including the video aspect ratio, the file format, and the video quality based on your needs.
Apart from the basic features, it also provides creating schedule recording tasks, splitting the recordings automatically, extracting the audio from recorded video, etc. If you are interested in this software, don't hesitate to click the following button to download it and have a try.
EaseUS RecExperts for Windows
- Customize recording area freely
- Support more than 10 video/audio formats
- Record system sound and microphone audio simultaneously
- Trim the recordings with a built-in editing tool
- Record screen and webcam
Click Here: >> How to Record Audio on Windows 7
2. Audio Recorder Pro
Audio Recorder from EZSoftmagic is a useful real-time audio recorder Windows 7 that helps you record any sounds from your sound card and save the recording into MP3, OGG, or WAV files.
It can record your voice, music, or any other sound. It supports the record input/source from a microphone, streaming audio from the Internet, external input devices, as well as other applications like Winamp, Media Player, etc. You can change the recording bitrate quality and preview the sound before you record it. Audio Recorder will definitely improve your recordings and give you more control.
The personal License for Audio Recorder Pro is $19.96 with a 20% discount, and the Platinium version has a price tag of $27.96.
- Auto Record feature to schedule the time to start/stop a recording
- The main benefit is a choice of input source for recording
- Able to launch multiple recorders at one time
- The interface design is confusing
- Have to include more features for this price
3. Sound Recorder Professional
This is a good Windows 7 audio recorder if you're recording calls over the Internet (Skype), music streaming from radio, microphone, TV, CD/DVD, etc. You can record voices in 5 different modes. It supports a wide range of audio file types, and you can record into these formats directly, avoiding a conversion.
You can record a lossless stream or compress it into Flac, MP3, Ogg, WMA, and many other formats. The integrated recording scheduler allows you to record sessions for particular days and times. The program also features automatic and manual gain control.
There is a free trial of Sound Recorder Professional, but the full version costs $29.95.
- An Easy Wizard mode, useful for casual PC users
- The digital audio recorder, supporting numerous sources
- Windows 7 record audio with this software and export recordings in many formats
- Pricey for such kind of software
- Not intuitive interface
- Purchasing Sound Recorder Pro lets you download it only once
4. MP3 Recorder Studio
This high quality sound recorder for Windows 7 can record audio from any source on your PC. It supports audio recording from multiple sources and is very easy to use. You can use manual recording options, but also you can use the built-in option for auto recording.
MP3 Recorder Studio can automatically split files while recording sound, starting a new file every given period of time. You can record all audio into the same file. These functions may be useful if you want the program to monitor and record online conferences - it will record the discussions and skip pauses between them.
MP3 Recorder Studio can be purchase as part of a big Media Pack for $59.95.
- Convert protected WMA, AAC, M4P, M4B, AA audio into non-protected MP3 or WAV
- Support recording from multiple sources
- Provide many user selectable options
- Support multiple channel audio recording
- Program is resource-intensive
- Getting to know the program can take some time
- Audio output files can be large Supports 64-bit systems only
5. BPM Studio
This professional Windows 7 audio recorder converts your PC into a recording studio for MP3 mixes. BPM Studio is a popular choice among audiophiles, which can use tons of possibilities. This application can read, edit, mix, encode, and write your tracks precisely. DJs and music fans alike will appreciate the hardware look of the interface and the inclusion of all the essential buttons and functions expected in a professional mixer.
BPM Studio Pro integrates an explorer view of your music library, and even it comes only with 30 original sounds and tracks. You can use the search function to find tracks in the library quickly.
- Quick access to sample player and editor
- The extensive editing possibilities will open you up to hours of track tweaking and polishing
- The interface often feels overloaded, and it isn't easy to read functions
- The audio presets are limited to 5 choices (lounge, DJ, party, office, radio)
- Only 30 sounds and tracks pre-included in the program strict file search
6. Traktor PRO
This sound recorder Window 7 focuses on pro DJs, as it can mix digital music, CDs, and Vinyl. It's highly configurable, but this flexibility makes it inaccessible to beginners, even with many documentations for Traktor PRO. The application controls external sources, allowing you to mix from your computer up to four decks simultaneously. You can import your music library, and it works with iTunes libraries too. All usual mixing tools are included with pitch control, crossfader effects, and levels.
A new license costs $99.
- Parallel waveforms
- Integrated mixer FX improved user interface
- Simplified MIDI configuration
- Advanced filters and effects
- Come with full documentation
- Configuration options can get very complex
- You need to pay for new versions
- A powerful computer may be necessary
- Waveform does not give frequency information
Audacity is a popular open-source digital audio workstation. You can record and edit your files and perform a lot of post-processing tasks, including effects, leveling, noise reduction. It supports the most used file types, including MP3 and WAV, and high-quality 32-bit audio as well. Audacity works well for most tasks involving voice and music, as podcasts.
Audacity may not be appropriate for creating music. You can quickly select between the available audio sources via the drop-down menu. Audacity allows you to set a timer to begin recording. It can record when it hears a sound at a certain threshold. The meters clearly display clipping.
- It's a free and open-source software
- Community support, lots of help documents
- A cross-platform, you can work on your project on Windows and Mac
- A tremendous number of basic effects right out of the box
- Pretty messy dashboard
- Real-time audio effects are not automatically applied
- Some functions require expensive third-party plugins
- Multitrack audio support is exceedingly basic
8. DarkWave Studio
This is a freeware Windows application to create music suitable for any user. You can edit your audio files quickly with the interface, organized by tabs, and using the same windows. DarkWave Studio supports a virtual studio with a modular design. It includes MIDI input and output, an 8-track stereo mixer, drum synths, an oversampling filter, reverb effects, and much more.
The input device is the Primary Sound Capture Driver. You may change the device to specify a particular sound capture device. The Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder allows you to record the output of any machine. The freeware comes with sound card input, tons of instruments, stereo mixer, basshead, distortion, stereo splitter/joiner.
It also supports VST/VSTi instrument and effect plug-ins which means you can expand DarkWave Studio to do almost anything you prefer.
- It supports WAV files for full-quality editing
- Support Multi-Core / Multi CPU
- Editing options are too basic without extra plugins
- It's bundled with adware, so the installer may attempt to change your homepage, search engine, and browser settings or install third party offers
9. Audio Record Wizard
This sound recorder Window 7 allows you to download, record, and edit several tracks. Intended to be used with personal computers, Audio Record Wizard proposes a lightweight yet intuitive user interface. Although primarily suited for recording external audio sources (such as voices), there are several innovative features you can enjoy. On Windows 7, 8, 10, and later versions, Audio Record Wizard provides a new feature to record computer sounds and voice simultaneously. In other words, it can record both sides of a conversation on Skype, Google Talk.
Audio Record Wizard offers only a free trial, and the application costs $24.95.
- It's able to record inputs from two different sources, useful during two-way chat sessions
- The audio can be saved into numerous common file types like WAV, FLAC, MP3, and OGG
- Several useful editing features - adjusting gain controls, merging two audio files
- More advanced editing functions are not available
- There is no version designed for mobile phones
10. Samplitude Music Studio
This is a feature-rich music studio for Windows 7 PC. It is ideal for anyone who wants to create professional-sounding music recordings. Samplitude Music Studio can mix and edit tracks and record from any device (with microphones). Samplitude Music Studio supports imports or exports from file formats like WAV, OGG Vorbis, MP3, AIFF, and more.
There is a free trial, and the latest version Samplitude Music Studio 2022, costs $99.99.
- Samplitude Music Studio provides a comprehensive manual, as it's complex and intimidating for beginners
- The highly flexible compact application that provides good performance, whether for composing, recording, mixing, or mastering
- Provide lots of useful features
- Complicated interface
- The high price tag for such a software
Follow those steps to record the audio you want to save on Windows 7. Whether you plan to capture the system sound or your own voice from the microphone, this great sound recorder Window 7 will be helpful.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS RecExperts and choose "Audio" (looks like a speaker) from the left side of the interface. Select the sound source by clicking on the speaker sign (the system sound) or the mic sign (the microphone). Or, you can record them both at the same time.
Step 2. Hit "REC" button to start recording audio. To finish it, you just click on the red square icon to stop the recording.
Step 3. After that, the recording list window will pop up automatically. You can listen to or edit the recording with built-in tools.
Capturing audio with an audio recorder lets you remember life's small details and improves facts precision, making you more accurate and efficient in professional, academic, and personal contexts.
This guide demonstrates the top 10 audio recorder Windows 7. Although each has its own advantages, EaseUS RecExperts is the most suitable one for beginners unfamiliar with screen capturing on Windows 7. Don't miss this high quality sound recorder for Windows 7 and download it now.