Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
If you work on a low-end PC and need to do screen recording activities, you may find that most heavy screen recording software will slow down your computer speed. At that time, if you want to record your screen but not slow down the PC's speed, a low-end PC screen recorder is a great helper to you. Given that, we have collected and tested some popular ones on the market, and below are the test data:
|Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO 3i 22" All-in-One Computer
|🎛️How many we tested
|15, including free & paid
|🕵️♂️What we recorded
|Videos, gameplay, online meetings
|😀What we focused
|Performance, lag, memory usage, recording modes
So considering that we are going to share with you some best screen recorder for low-end PC with their advantages and disadvantages so that you can make the best choice for screen recording.
7 Best Screen Recorder for Low End PC:
EaseUS RecExperts ranks at the top list of the best screen recorder for low-end PC. Coming with an intuitive and simple user interface, this screen recorder is easy to operate by any level of user.
With this Low-end PC screen recorder, you are able to capture anything on your screen with simple clicks, including gameplays, streaming videos, online meetings, and many others. Plus, it allows you to flexibly select the recording area, audio source, hotkeys, and output format as you want.
Beyond that, this unlimited screen recorder is also worth mentioning that you can customize the frame rate from 1 – 144 to adapt to different computers and occasions. If you want to obtain a better screen recording quality but lower system resource usage, you can enable the GPU hardware acceleration feature in "Setting".
- Adjust the frame rate based on your needs
- Record screen and webcam or audio easily
- Offer flexible recording options, like part of screen, full screen, etc.
- Export recordings in over ten formats
- Some simple editing tools are available
- 👨🎓User Review
- EaseUS RecExpert is an easy-to-use and powerful screen recording software for anyone on Windows or Mac. With super intuitive interface and multiple screen capture options, it makes screen recording a piece of cake. With this software, users can record video and audio from the computer, or record webcam with ease. This software is a good fit for recording zoom meeting, webinars, YouTube videos, streaming videos and many more. - From G2
If you are searching for an open-source and low-end PC screen recording software, OBS Studio is an excellent choice. Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux, this 60 FPS screen recorder can run perfectly on almost all computers, including low-end computers.
This lightweight cross-platform screen recorder enables you to record the screen or start live streams as you want. Here we mainly focus on its recording features. With its aid, you can choose to capture the screen area flexibly, select audio resources, and even add a webcam overlay to your screen, if needed. Moreover, if you have two or more monitors and want to capture them all simultaneously, OBS always makes it done, as you can add multiple numbers of scenes as you want.
- Compatible with almost all computers
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options
- Set hotkeys for nearly every sort of action
- Export recordings in high quality
- Not neat user interface
- Too complex for the novices
- 👨🎓User Review
- OBS Studio is a powerful program that doesn't make too much of an impact on your PC's performance. It is not a tool that just starts up and works, however. It requires time to understand how it works and how to get the most out of it, and the patience to learn how to troubleshoot when things don't work as expected. - By Ian Paul, from PCWorld
🚩Let's check what Reddit users think about OBS Studio:
FBX Game Recorder is an excellent game recording software for low-end PC, which provides a smooth and high-performance HD recording function for users. This program mainly records in the background without slowing down your computer's speed, and it uses NVidia, AMD, or Intel hardware acceleration.
Working with this low end PC screen recording software, you are able to capture almost any HD game without lagging. Also, you can add a webcam overlay to enrich your recordings. Plus, you can directly share your highlights to YouTube or other social media sites.
- Record screen without lagging
- Leave FBX recording DVR-style
- Offer editing tools like adding animated stickers, sound effects, and more
- Allow to add captions and edit them
- Only available for Windows
- 👨🎓User Review
- FBX Game Recorder's users claim that it is one of the best recorders nowadays. This software is simple to use but still effective software. It can give you a high-performance HD recording experience despite being free. Furthermore, according to some users, this software has a fantastic FPS that has no lag. - By Jordan Scott, from TopSevenReviews
If you want to find the best game recorder for low-end PC, then don't miss Fraps.
While recording, this screen capture software will show how many frames per second you are getting in the corner of your screen, and perform benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. In addition, it supports hotkey features, which means you can set the shortcut depending on your usage.
Lastly, you need to know that this low-end screen capture can record audio and video up to 7680 x 4800 with a custom frame rate from 1 -120 fps.
- Custome frame rate from 1 -120
- Select audio source while recording
- Allow taking screenshots with one click
- Customize shortcut keys
- Only available for Windows
- The interface is a little outdated
- 👨🎓User Review
- Fraps is great for benchmarking and seeing your current framerate, and it's also very easy to use with a minimal interface. As a video capture utility it leaves a lot to be desired. It costs $37 to get the complete set of video capture tools, while other tools with similar features are free. - By Ian Paul, from PCWorld
✅Let's see what Reddit users think about Fraps:
Similar to Fraps, Dxtory runs perfectly on low-end PC. This low end PC screen recorder is acquired from a surface memory buffer, and it is very high-speed and works with a small load.
By using Dxtory, you can record your screen and obtain the highest quality by the lossless video source. Moreover, if needed, you also can use it to take screenshots, and then export the images in various formats, including PNG, JPEG, BMP, etc.
- Record original pixel data as it is
- Select audio sources as you want
- Support VFW codecs
- Allow taking snapshots
- The interface is not friendly
- 👨🎓User Review
- Dxtory is a movie capture tool only for DirextX/OpenGL application. In order to acquire data from Surface Memory directly, It operates very much at high speed. Arbitrary cropping and free scaling are supported by hardware. - From AlternativeTo
The last low-end PC screen recorder on our list is Bandicam. It lets you capture everything on your PC screen, and then export it as high-quality videos or images files. To concentrate on it, this software enables you to record a certain area, capture various gameplays, and even record external video devices such as Xbox, smartphone, IPTV, and many more.
What's more, this game screen recorder for low-end PC offers real-time drawing tools, which allows you to draw and outline your recorded video while recording. If you capture a Zoom, Microsoft Teams meeting, or other, you can even change your background with a Chrome Key feature if offered.
- Allow adding mouse-clicking effects while recording
- Make it possible to record external devices
- Support Chroma Key feature
- Capture up to 480 FPS video
- A few output formats are available
- Only work for Windows
- 👨🎓User Review
- My overall experience with Bandicam Screen Recorder is very professional because I have to record some certain area on a PC screen in my office, so I always use this software and I am really satisfied. - By Muddassar, from Software Advice
For users who use Windows 10 or later versions, there is an inbuilt game recorder for low-end PC. That is Xbox Game Recorder.
This freeware is designed by Microsoft to help users who want to record exciting moments when playing PC games. But not limited to game recording, it also allows you to record other activities on your PC screen with or without audio, like movies, online courses, etc. In addition, you can use it to take screenshots and then share on social platforms effortlessly.
- Preinstalled on your Windows PC
- No watermark & time limit
- Allow streaming gaming videos instantly while playing
- Only available for Windows 10 and later versions
- 👨🎓User Review
- Game Bar and Game DVR built-in to Windows 10 get the job done, but these tools are inconsistent and whether they’ll work as intended largely depends on the game you’re playing. Performance was also drastically different in several games in our tests. If you want a worry-free experience then consider going with a more reliable third-party tool. - By Ian Paul, from PCWorld
If you want to solve how to record on a low-quality PC, you can find the answer here. This post covers the top 6 best screen recorder for low-end PC. Each of the software mentioned here has its own advantages and disadvantages, and you can select the right one based on your needs. No matter what you choose, we sincerely hope that you can solve your recording problems on a low-end PC from this post.
FQAs About Best Screen Recorder for Low-end PC
#1. Is bandicam good for low-end PC?
Yes, Bandicam is one of the low-end PC screen recording software on the market. It allows you to capture anything on your screen without lag. Besides Bandicam, EaseUS RecExperts is also a professional one. Better than Bandicam, it is compatible with both PC and Mac.
#2. What is the least laggy screen recorder?
We have collected some no lag screen recorder and compared them in detail. Those tools include EaseUS RecExperts, OBS Studio, etc.
#3. How can I record my screen without lagging?
You need a no lag screen recorder to record your screen without lagging. If you work with a low-end PC, you need to use some low-end PC screen recording software to avoid lagging.
#4. What recording software uses the least RAM?
EaseUS RecExperts, Bandicam, OBS Studio, Fraps, and many more screen recording software will use little RAM while recording.
#5. How do you record games on low end PC?
First, choosing an excellent low-end PC screen recorder is necessary. There are some best ones on the market, and you can freely select them based on your needs.