Table of Contents
For many years, people can only capture a small portion of the screens to save text, images, etc. with copy-paste function. According to Microsoft, the easiest way to take down something on your screen is actually to take a screenshot of it, and that's what a snipping tool allows you to do. In this article, we will list some feasible snipping tools that can be used on a Mac computer. Just read along and choose one to use.
The first snipping tool we want you to know is EaseUS RecExperts. This is mainly Mac screen recorder that lets you complete almost all screen recording tasks without hassle on Mac. However, it is also capable of taking screenshots on computers with an easy-to-use interface.
With EaseUS RecExperts, you can take a screenshot of the full screen, part of the screen, a specific window on your computer, etc. The operation is quite simple, just click the button below to download it on your computer and follow the steps below to take a screenshot.
Step 1. Open this program on your Mac, and select the "Region" option on the panel.
Step 2. Drag your mouse to cover the area that you want to take a snapshot. Next, press the ⌘ + P keys on the keyboard to take screenshots. Also, you can click the camera icon directly.
Step 3. Go back to the main interface, click "Recordings" > "Pictures", and you can find all the screenshots you need.
CloudApp is another snipping tool for Mac featured with an annotation function. In addition, it offers users a menu bar and keyboard shortcuts, helping you capture your entire screen, parts, and app windows as you like. With CloudApp, users can save up to 1 minute and 30 seconds each time they capture an image. You can use CloudApp on the web or download it to your Mac.
- Capture both the entire screen or an area
- Enhance screenshots with annotation function
- Add drawings, emojis, lines, etc. to help explain
- Record and convert your recording into GIF
- You may need to select an area to record sometimes
- The annotation function is not always stable
Grab is a Mac Snipping Tool alternative that can help you take screenshots of your screen and save them as image files. It has several screen-capture modes, and keyboard shortcuts are also supported by it. By default, Grab saves screenshots in the PNG image file format. If you find PNG images occupy too much space, Grab allows you to change the default file format to JPG, TIFF, GIF, PDF formats, etc.
- Capture a specific region of your screen
- Capture a screenshot of your whole screen
- Save pictures in the lossless image compression format
- The free function can meet your needs
- The saved image may be a large file
- It may crash sometimes
Monosnp works as a high-efficient free snipping tool for mac, it also comes as a convenient cloud storage option. It provides users with a highly functional image editor, helping you customize your snapshots as you like. You can also share your screenshots with others after taking a screenshot of your screen with this tool. A free Monosnap account offers users a 2GB storage space to save and share their screenshots with friends and families.
- Capture screen with keyboard shortcuts
- Take a screenshot with just one click
- Annotate your screenshots with a variety of features
- Save your screenshots locally or to its Cloud storage
- The interface is not quite user-friendly
- Ads notification popup while using it
Snagit is another snipping tool for Mac that is worth recommending. It's a full-featured screen-capture software with built-in image editing functions. If you are a content creator, educator, or business person, this software is what you need. With Snagit, you can capture your entire desktop, an area, a window, or the scrolling screen webpages.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Extracts text from a screenshot to use in other places
- Offers lots of annotations tools for capturing
- Records screen and save it as videos in one click
- It may breakdown due to unknown causes
- Difficult to handle for some people
Camtasia is a high-quality screen recorder and editor. It enables you to record audio and video in the meantime. It can meet all your recording requirements. Moreover, it also offers video editing features to help you make your videos look better. If you use Camtasia, you don't need any additional video editor.
- Record the full screen of your computer
- Selectively record a part of the screen
- Record the gameplay with system sound
- Edit the recorded videos afterward
- Requires a relatively big space on your device
- Not stable when multiple tasks are running
OBS Studio brings many features and settings for people who need to take a screenshot on their Mac. OBS Studio includes a wizard to help your get familiar with the process when you first use it. Though it's not the most user-friendly recommendation for beginners, OBS Studio featured powerful screen recording and video editing functions that can meet the standards of professionals.
- Offers many advanced functions
- Take screenshots on Mac easily
- A tutorial is prepared for novices
- Suitable for professionals
- Difficult to use for novices
- The user guide is not quite useful
We give you seven snipping tools in this article that can be used on Mac computers. They can be used to take screenshots and record videos on your screen. Any one of them can meet your requirements, but we suggest you download and use EaseUS RecExperts as it is capable and easy to use at the same time.
Was This Page Helpful?