Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
Streaming video is content sent in compressed form over the Internet and displayed by the viewer in real-time. The advantage is that you don't need to waste time waiting for the buffering. But in this case, you can't download the video without a powerful screen recorder.
This post will introduce the best 12 streaming video recorders, which will help you record streaming video on any device with ease, like PC, Mac, and mobile phone!
|😎Live stream platform tested||Restream, IBM Cloud Video, Livestream by Vimeo|
|📒Devices tested||Computers and mobile phones|
|🛠️Recording functions tested||Free trial recording function|
|🏅Most recommended||EaseUS RecExperts (Win/Mac)|
According to our testing result, we picked the following streaming recorder to share with you.
Best 10 Streaming Video Recorders [PC & Mac]
This part shows you the 10 streaming video capture software on Windows and Mac.
- OS: Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7 & macOS 10.13 and later
- Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Price: Free version; $19.95/month
EaseUS RecExperts is one of the best free screen recorder software. It is compatible with both Windows and macOS and much more friendly to novices. This video recording software can help record streaming videos and save them as high-quality videos. For instance, you are allowed to record YouTube live stream, Netflix shows, etc., without a black screen. Besides, you can set the video output format like MP4, MOV, FLV, MKV, and AVI and change the video quality before recording to get a satisfying video.
Besides capturing streaming video, it is also a streaming audio recorder. You can record app sound (internal audio) and audio from the microphone (external audio) in MP3, AAC, WAV, OGG, and other formats.
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Allow adjusting recording parameters, like quality, fps, etc.
- Support creating recording tasks automatically
- Offer basic editing tools to enrich recorded videos
- Some advanced features are only available in the Pro version
RecExperts is clearly a well-designed, easy-to-use, and overall solid piece of screen recording software from EaseUS, one which will allow both PC and MacOS users to easily capture important on-screen work and make basic edits to any resulting clips or audio files.
- OS: Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7
- Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Price: Free trail version; $3/month (Non-Commercial); $5/month (Commercial)
It is not only an easy-to-use stream video recording software but also a powerful video editor. This tool can be functional and perfect for recording live streaming videos. Flashback Express ranks at the top of the streaming video capture tools today for a variety of reasons. The most important one is the ability to record movies with no watermarks and time limits.
- Record anywhere on your PC screen
- Record movies with no watermarks or length limits
- Give the facility of adding audio commentary as you record
- Easy sharing - upload to Youtube or download video
- Only free for 30 days
- The free version doesn't include any video editing features
- Limited video output formats: MP4, AVI, WMV
If you're looking for a screen recorder, it's tough to choose between FlashBack Express and OBS Studio. If you're relatively new to making your own videos FlashBack is the better choice thanks to its more streamlined interface and straightforward settings.
- OS: Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Price: Free trail version; $49/lifetime (1 PC)
Monosnap service is more than just a screenshot and video tool, cloud storage, or secure content management - it's a simplified workflow for your team. The program is designed to be customizable, allowing individuals to specify different screen-viewing and hotkey-adjusting options when capturing the perfect screenshot.
- Free without feature limitation
- Record video as well as system sound
- Record in 60fps to ensure an ultra-smooth playback
- Easy to operate even for beginners
- Video editing is not possible
- Mobile devices cannot be recorded
- OS: Windows, Mac / iOS, Android, and Chromebook
- Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Price: Free trial version; Deluxe ($1.65/month, billed annually) and Premier ($4.00/month, billed annually)
Trusted by school systems, fortune 100 companies, and individuals in 190 countries, this is a fast and free streaming media recorder. You can record your screen and edit your videos with the necessary editing tools. This Java-based cross-platform web app has been developed to enable users to record screencasts across different operating systems. With this unlimited screen recorder, you can record streaming videos on various platforms easily.
- Straightforward streaming video recorder
- Automatic publishing options
- Record Netflix video
- If Java is not updated or installed on your computer system, it may give users trouble viewing or creating videos
Screencast-O-Matic is probably the most affordable screen recording and video editing software in the market that offers world-class features. It comes with a generous free plan using which you can create and host unlimited video recordings of up to 15 minutes in up to 720p picture quality (with limited features.)
- OS: macOS
- Rating: 3 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐)
- Price: Free
You must be familiar with QuickTime Player if you are a Mac user. It is more than a video player. It is also a video editor and streaming video capture software. QuickTime screen recorder uses onscreen controls, which are similar to a CD or DVD player. Also, while capturing streaming video, you can flexibly adjust the recording area, like a full screen, selected region, etc.
- Record audio with video simultaneously
- Record Skype videos in full screen
- Best free streaming video recorder
- Ability to save videos from the web
- Limited recording functionality
- System audio recording is not possible
- OS: Windows 8.1/10/11, macOS 10.13 and above, Linux
- Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Price: Free
OBS Studio is a free and open source screen recorder for video recording and live streaming. It lets you record all kinds of videos from various streaming sites without much effort. Its Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording. Most importantly, it is completely free and can run well Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It supports streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- It supports full screen, windows, region, webcam, microphone, etc., recording
- No watermark or time limit
- No "pause" function for recording
- Sometimes, maintainers build different packages inside it
OBS Studio is a powerful program that doesn’t make too much of an impact on your PC's performance. It is not a tool that just starts up and works, however. It requires time to understand how it works and how to get the most out of it, and the patience to learn how to troubleshoot when things don’t work as expected.
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS X 10.7.5, Linux
- Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Price: Free
VLC is a free, open-source, and cross-platform multimedia player. Many people are used to treating VLC as simply a free video player. In addition to that, it is a great helper to record live streaming videos. You just need to copy and paste the URL in VLC, and a few simple steps later, you can get the recorded videos on your computer.
- Work well on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Stream media over the network or internet
- No extra software is needed
- Can only capture the entire screen
- It doesn't have the video editing option
- OS: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, 11
- Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐)
- Price: Free version; $199 ActivePresenter Standard
ActivePresenter is a screencasting and eLearning software for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X, creating software demonstrations, software simulations, and quizzes. What's more, it is also an easy-to-use screen recorder. You can use it to capture anything on your screen, including videos, presentations, and some others.
- Multi-platform support
- High-quality screen recordings
- Allow creating responsive content for all types of devices
- The free edition has a watermark
It is such an amazing and user friendly software allowing the user to select as many options as they want.
Adobe Presenter is the rapid development tool used by government clients to create web-based, asynchronous training. It is an eLearning solution and stream capturer released by Adobe, available on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms. The primary purpose of Adobe Presenter is to capture on-screen presentations and convert them into more interactive and engaging videos.
- It has excellent tools available to make an interactive training product, such as the Quiz Manager
- It supports most of the options in an instructional design plan, including the opportunity to let different users explore different learning paths
- Limited features available for our macOS users
- SWF files are generated when content is published
ShareX is a free streaming video recorder that lets you capture or record any area of your screen. What's more, screen captures and recordings can be uploaded to a range of cloud services, including image hosting and general online storage, and even social media.
- Offer screen capture and recording
- Lots of sharing options
- Scrolling page capture
- It doesn't support specifying the recording resolution
- Not for beginners
Best 2 Stream Recorder App on iPhone and Android
Some of you may look for a streaming video capturing app to record what is happening on your iPhone or Android. If you are one of them, you can try the following apps.
AZ Screen Recorder is one of the best streaming video capture apps for mobile users. It provides stable and fluid screen recording. Using it, you can easily and quickly record popular streaming video, game video, and even video calls with your family and friends. Apart from that, this streaming video recording app enables you to record internal audio, which will be helpful when you need to capture gameplay, video tutorial with internal audio.
- No need for root
- No recording time limit
- Built-in a video editor
- Stream screen to YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and more
- Contain ads
DU Recorder is another live streaming video recording application. It lets you capture anything on your phone screen flexibly without rooting. What's more, you can set the FPS, video quality (up to 1080p), and some others before your recording. Working with DU Recorder, you can edit the recordings using the built-in editing tools directly once the recording is done.
- Completely free
- Offer video editing tools
- Limitless screen recording
- Cannot record voice while recording screen
This page covers the 12 best free streaming video recorder to help you record YouTube videos, TV shows, or other live streaming videos with ease. All these tools come with valuable features and applications. You can select the best one according to your needs.
If you are a beginner, EaseUS RecExperts is your best choice. This streaming video capture software not only can help you save the live streaming video but capture the audio with high quality. It can do more than you imagine. Now just have a try!
FAQs About Streaming Video Capture Software
Here is more information about this streaming recorder.
1. How do I record streaming video?
To record streaming video, you need to find an excellent screen recorder first. Then open the streaming video, select the recording area, and adjust other settings. After those are done, you can begin your recording.
2. What is the best streaming video recorder?
Many streaming videos capture tools are on the market, and we pick the best 12 stream capturing tools you can try. If you are a beginner, you can try EaseUS RecExperts; if you are a pro, OBS Studio is your best choice.
3. Can you record a streaming program?
Yes, you can record a streaming program with stream capturers we mentioned in this post. If you want to know how to capture streaming video, this post will be helpful.