Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
If you are using this Windows 8 operating system version and want to know how to record your PC screen, this post is suitable for you. Here, you can learn the top 10 screen recorder for Windows 8, including 32-bit and 64-bit, along with detailed descriptions. Just continue reading to find the one of them you like best.
What to Look for in Windows 8 Screen Recorder
Here is the list of the most important things to consider when picking a qualified Windows screen recording software:
- 🎨Compatibility: Some screen recorder is compatible with 32-bit Windows 8 OS, but some are for 64-bit Windows 8. Make sure the app you want to use is supported on your device.
- 🎉Interface: Choose the one whose interface is intuitive and friendly. You don't need a long learning curve.
- 💻Recording features: Check out the recording features it offers, like full-screen recording, schedule recording, no time limit recording, and more.
Best Screen Recorder for Windows 8 and 8.1
In this section, you will learn some of the best screen recorders for Windows 8 and 8.1. Without further ado, let's get started now.
Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 and macOS
To choose a simple and efficient recorder for Windows 8, EaseUS RecExperts is the best option. It is one of the best tools that you can use to record the screen on your Windows 8 PC.
There are many configurable options for screen recording, like selecting the area you want to record, adding an optional webcam overlay to your video, and so on. Also, you can record audio with screen, choosing the audio resources from the internal or external audio.
- Characterized by customizable options
- Record part of screen or full screen flexibly
- Capable of capturing screen, audio, webcam, and gameplay
- Record Zoom meetings and other online discussions
- Take a screenshot with customized hotkey
Top 2. OBS Studio
Compatibility: Windows 8/8.1/10 and macOS
OBS Studio, or Open Broadcaster Software, allows you to quickly screen record on a Windows 8 laptop or PC. The software is free and open-source, meaning you are not tied to a commercial company for any contracts. There are many types of sources that you can add to the program and record content from them.
However, with a complicated UI, it is not friendly for novices or users with little knowledge about recording.
- Totally free and open-source
- Find all your recordings in a single folder
- Best free Windows 8 screen recorder to download
- Not many editing tools
- Lack of some of the high-end features
Top 3. CamStudio
Compatibility: Windows XP/7/8/10
CamStudio features creating demonstrations of procedures on their computers. This free Windows 8 screen recording software is efficient. This software makes creating procedure videos, tutorials, educational videos, and even funny videos easy. Besides, it records whatever appears on your screen and the computer's audio.
- Multi-purpose screen recorder for Windows 8
- Create videos that are bandwidth-friendly
- Add captions to your videos
- Best Windows 8 screen recorder
- Limited recording features
- No animation options
Top 4. ShareX
Compatibility: Windows 7/8.1/10
You probably know ShareX as a screenshot tool for your computer, but you can use this tool to record your Windows 8 screen, as well. The tool works just fine on Windows 8 machines, and you only need to make a few clicks to begin your first recording. You can choose various parts of your screen to be recorded; these options are pretty flexible. Above all, it is available for free and is open-source.
- Record custom area on your screen
- Customize your workflows
- Share your recordings with over 80 destinations
- A bit hard to use for beginners
- Lack of various editing functions
Top 5. HyperCam
Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
Hypercam is a completely free Windows 8 video recording tool to use for screen recording in both commercial and personal environments. This tool not only allows you to record your screen but also enables you to capture the sound from your microphone. Also, the interface is very simple as you can operate this tool easily.
- Custom area selection for screen recording
- Best Windows 8 screen recorder
- Set the hotkey for screen recording
- Old and outdated user interface
- Hard to deal with system audio
Top 6. UltraVNC Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
UltraVNC Screen Recorder performs well in screen recording on Windows 8 laptops. There are not so many features in this tool, but what you are going to find will work at its maximum efficiency.
What sets this free Windows 8 screen recorder apart from others is how few resources it uses while still letting you record the screen on the computer. It uses some kind of compression to ensure the resulting files are smaller while maintaining video quality.
- Fast screen recording experience
- Video compression is built into the tool
- Many codecs are included
- Extremely old user interface
- No regular updates
Top 7. Icecream Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10
Icecream Screen Recorder is a fantastic software that helps make various screen recordings on Windows 8. It allows you to specify the area in you want to record your screen or record audio from a microphone. Moreover, it even has the feature to automatically detect the area that is to be recorded on Windows 8.
- Add logo to your screen recordings
- A helpful Windows 8 screen recording software
- Record your gameplay without losing quality
- There is a limit of five minutes of recording in the free version
- The watermark exists in the trial mode
Top 8. FlashBack Express
Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
FlashBack Express is a modern way to screen record Windows 8 computers. This software offers you various recording options, like recording your screen, internal audio, and the attached webcams. Moreover, there is a built-in video editor to help you perform basic editing on your videos when you finish recording.
- Capture a specific area on your screen
- Record screen and webcam
- Add audio commentary to your screen recordings
- Quickly upload your video online
- The free version does not come with a video editor
- Occasional bugs
Top 9. TinyTake
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/10
TinyTake claims to be the fastest screen recorder for Windows 8. It supports both screenshots as well as screen recordings. You can select a custom area to record on your screen in case you are not interested in capturing the full area. Once your recording is made, you can publish it using the same tool and get a shareable link that you can give people so they can watch the content.
- Capture your screen for up to 120 minutes
- Add the recording from your webcam
- Custom area for capturing
- Only offer 2GB of storage unless you upgrade it
- Not support for many social site sharing
Top 10. Camtasia
Compatibility: Windows 8/10
When it comes to screen recording on Windows 8 or other computers, Camtasia is a good option. With this product, you cannot only record the screen on your machine but also edit the recordings. Whether you want to make a tutorial video or create a demo of your product, Camtasia can help you without wasting any of your time.
- Quickly and easily edit your screen recordings
- Capture content from the webcam
- Record audio from your mic
- Windows 8 screen recorder free
- Too expensive for most users
- The free trial only lasts for 30 days
The best 10 Windows 8 screen recorders are introduced in this post. With so many options, it is difficult to choose the right one. EaseUS RecExperts is a good choice and offers many features yet keeps the interface easy to use. You can use other recorders as well if you want.
Screen Recorder for Windows 8 FAQs
1. Does Windows 8 have screen recorder?
Yes. There is a built-in screen recorder on your Windows 8 computer system, and it is called Step Recorder.
2. How do I record video with my webcam Windows 8?
To record video with your webcam on Windows 8 PC or laptop, you can use a powerful Windows 8 screen recorder like EaseUS RecExperts:
- Download and install it on your computer, and launch it
- Choose the recording area, and then enable the webcam option
- When you are ready, click REC to start your recording
3. What is the shortcut key for screen recorder in Windows 10?
You can use shortcut keys combination Win + Alt + R key to start and stop recording