Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to multimedia tools including screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data security, including articles about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
If you have landed here on this page, you are probably looking for a Snagit alternative to record the screen or take screenshots on your computer. Maybe you are not happy with Snagit for some reason like it does not have the feature you need. Or, perhaps you do not find it easy to use this software for your screen recording tasks.
Regardless of the reasoning, we list several best free alternatives to Snagit that you can use and record the screen on your computer.
Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts
When it comes to recording screens on a computer, EaseUS RecExperts secures the first position thanks to all of the features that it has to offer. From having a neatly organized user interface to letting users record their screens multiple ways, this tool has everything that you would ever need to make screen recordings on your computer.
This best free screen recorder allows you to choose what type of recording to make on the very first screen. This way, you are only presented with the options relevant to your task and configure and use them in your screen recording. This one is undoubtedly the best Snagit alternative that you can find on the market.
- Record an area or your entire computer screen
- Multiple audio sources for your recording
- Take screenshots before, during, or after recording flexibly
- Add a webcam overlay to your recordings
- The schedule recording feature is available
Top 2. OBS Studio
OBS stands for Open Broadcaster Software, and although it says it is a broadcasting software, you can totally regard it as an excellent Snagit alternative.
It is a completely free and open-source program that allows you to capture your screen like you do with Snagit. The tool comes with a mixer if you are looking to mix the content you produce with the program. It has a configurable user interface that allows you to drag your panels around and keep them wherever you prefer on your screen.
- Completely free and available for all major platforms
- Record as well as stream on your computer
- Add multiple items for recording
- Customizable user interface
- There is no option to pause your screen recordings
- The setup procedure takes quite a lot of time
- Resource-hungry app
Top 3. FlashBack Express
FlashBack Express is your full solution for all your screen and webcam recording requirements. With this software like Snagit, you can record screen, record sound, and record a video of yourself using the webcam.
Moreover, there is no limit as to how long you can record your videos, and there will be no watermark in your videos, even in the free version. You have several file formats to choose from for the resulting recording file.
- Record screen, sound, and webcam
- Add voice commentary to your videos
- No watermark in the free version
- Multiple video formats are supported
- The free version does not offer editing tools
- Saving in all formats requires a license key
Top 4. Screencast-O-Matic
Screencast-O-Matic might ring a bell in your mind if you have ever used or searched for a video creation tool. Not only does this tool let you make screen recordings on your computer like Snagit but the tool allows you to make the perfect type of videos for all your needs.
There are options to customize what area of your screen you want to record. You can customize the area that your webcam overlay occupies in your video. You can add voice commentary from any of your connected microphones. If you cannot find an item, there is a huge library of stock items to choose from.
- Custom area recording on your computer
- Resize the area for your webcam recording
- Add narration to your recordings
- Large stock library
- You cannot record your screen without an Internet connection
- You cannot record full screen in the free version
- Watermark is added to your recordings
Top 5. Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder is a perfect Snagit alternative for those looking for an intuitive interface and easy-to-use option. This makes it easier for you to pick the option you want to use and start recording your computer screen.
Not only can you record your computer's screen with this tool, but you can also record audio and webcam on your computer. You can add your own watermark to your videos for brand awareness.
- Intuitive user interface
- Record your gameplay
- Quickly share your recorded content on the web
- It remembers your last selected area
- Trim your recordings
- The Windows version offers more features than the Mac version
- The free version only lets you record for up to five minutes
Top 6. Debut
Debut is not just a screen recorder like Snagit but it is actually an all-in-one solution to all of your recording needs. This tool allows you to record your screen as well as record content from your attached devices. This lets you use your IP cameras and such other gadgets to record and save videos on your computer. You can customize your screen recording so that only the parts of the screen you want are recorded.
- Record your computer screen with ease
- Capture video from your external devices
- Some editing options are included
- Add a webcam overlay to your recordings
- Support for many video formats
- You can only use the free version for personal tasks
- It does not have many editing tools
- This tool looks a bit outdated
Top 7. Bandicam
Similar to Snagit, Bandicam also offers many more features than just letting you record the content displayed on your screen.
With this tool, you can record your computer screen, your high-end gameplays, and even capture content from the devices that are plugged into your computer. All of this is possible from a nice and clean interface of this software tool. You can schedule recording as well with this tool.
- Draw on your screen recordings
- Start your recordings at the pre-specified time
- Record the internal sound of your computer
- Include your mouse cursor in your recordings
- Chroma key support
- It does not support many video formats
- Does not come with an editor to edit your videos
Top 8. ShareX
ShareX is a free and open-source software like Snagit, which helps you take screenshots as well as make recordings of your computer screen.
It does not have any advertisements and is very lightweight on your system. There are workflows that you can customize according to your own taste. You have various options to capture screenshots, record videos, and edit your content all within the tool. As if this was not enough, there are options to upload your videos to your chosen sites.
- Perform many tasks to your recordings after the recording has been made
- Record a specific area on your computer screen
- Support for drag and drop method
- Quickly copy the video URL to your clipboard
- The new users might find the tool a bit difficult to use
- There is no option to add a webcam overlay to your videos
Top 9. TinyTake
If the reason you are looking for a Snagit alternative is that you want a quick and easy way to record and annotate your screen, TinyTake could be the perfect solution for you.
This tool helps you record your screen, add a webcam overlay to your screen, record certain parts of your screen, and perform other related tasks on your computer. It is a proxy-friendly tool meaning you can use any of your proxy servers with this program.
- Record screen and webcam at the same time
- Create and use custom keyboard shortcuts
- Quickly get a shareable link for your videos
- Zoom in and zoom out effects
- Annotate your existing content as well
- You can only record for up to two hours
- The recording storage is limited to 2 GB
- A limited number of editing tools
Top 10. CamStudio
CamStudio might not be as modern as other tools suggested here, however, it is a good replacement for Snagit if all that you are looking for is a quick and easy way to record the screen on your computer.
This tool is free, open-source, and offers all the features you need to make a good educational video on your computer. The software is actually suitable to make any kind of screen recording videos and it is up to you to choose what you want to create.
- A free and open-source program
- Convert your recordings to flash videos as well
- Add captions to your screen recordings
- Compress your videos
- Easy to learn
- Not many editing options
- Does not have many latest recording features
- The interface looks outdated
While Snagit is a good enough tool for most people to record their screens, you might want to find a Snagit alternative if this tool does not fulfill your needs. Luckily, there are programs like EaseUS RecExperts that make it extremely easy to create your recordings. There are other tools as well that you can use as a replacement for Snagit.