Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
Although most laptops or PCs today come with integrated video players, many prefer checking out the best 4K video player options for several reasons. The same not only assists them in taking their user experience to the next level but is also a great way to enjoy some premium features you will not get from the basic versions, like various playback speeds. Here, we will discuss the 7 best 4K video players that are compatible with all PCs, including Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 7, and more. Now, let's dive into it!
- OS: Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7 & macOS10.13 and higher
- Price: Completely free for video player
- G2 Rating: 4 out of 5
- Best for: Users who want to watch videos at different playback speeds and do screen recording tasks sometimes.
EaseUS RecExperts is a powerful yet easy-to-use screen recorder that can record all activity on your screen, including video calls, webinars, live streaming, and more.
Beyond that, the software has a built-in 4K video player that can smoothly play high-quality UHD videos. It can quickly and easily open various standard media files, including MP4, MOV, MKV, MP3, and AAC. You can even speed up video playback from 0.5X to 2X based on your needs, making it an excellent choice for enjoying your favorite videos.
The media player for Windows 10 allows you to add video, audio, and images all in one player. You can then play each video with available media control. The playlist allows you to switch between videos quickly, which is handy if you inspect a bunch of videos together.
- Works well on a wide range of media formats
- Enables convenient screen/audio recording
- One-click to manage your media files
- Edit videos, including adding titles and credits, extracting audio, and trimming
Don't hesitate to try this excellent 4K media player now!
- OS: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Price: Completely free
- TechRadar Rating: 4.5 out of 5
- Best for: Users who want to enjoy all kinds of videos for free in high-quality
VLC is another excellent 4K player that provides unconditional support to a wide range of codecs and enables users to play virtually multiple media formats effortlessly, like HEVC, H.264, or Xvid. This open source video player is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and even iOS, supporting playing DVDs, 4K Blu-Ray discs, and other video files. Besides, it even allows you to convert your 4K videos to compressed file formats without compromising quality to save lots of space on your devices.
However, when playing some large 4K videos, it might show you poor playback, such as shadow on the screen.
- Ensure quick loading of files
- Support a wide range of video and audio codecs
- Provide easy integration with web channel streaming services
- Support streaming 4K movies with external subtitles
- Will enable users to binge-watch 4K videos
- OS: Windows 11/10/8.1/7 (64-bit)
- Price: free, full version for $59.99
- PC Magazine Rating: 4 out of 5
- Best for: Serious users who want to enjoy videos on PC or other devices with one simple click
Adding up the best all-in-one solution in the list, CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra is one of the leading 4K video players for Windows 10 and 11 that offers many functionalities, including Bluray & DVD player.
With its help, you can play various CDs, DVDs, videos, audio, and photos, and even cast them to an external device like HDTV, wired or wirelessly. Moreover, it supports TrueTheater HDR10, which means you can play any 4K videos encoded in H.264, AVC, or XAVC-S format easily. Last but not least, it offers you 100 GB of free cloud storage to let you enjoy the movie-watching experience anytime, anywhere.
- 4K Ultra HD and 8K video playback
- Offers Media Management Hub
- Customizable thumbnails, poster walls, and AI-powered photo management.
- It offers convenient search over videos, photos, and music
- Enhanced Blu-ray & DVD Playback
- Offer 100GB cloud storage for free
- OS: Windows 7/8/10/11 (64-bit) & macOS 10.10 and later
- Price: free, full version for $19.99
- MacUpdate Rating: 4 out of 5
- Best for: Most users want to watch 4K movies without lagging or stuttering
If you are willing to enjoy the extreme experience of 4K movies conveniently, Cisdem Video Player is one of the best options you could pick.
This 4K video player supports almost all video and audio formats, such as AVI, MKV, MOV, TS, 3GP, etc. Plus, it is optimized for HD and UHD video, including 1080P, 4K, and 8K, playing videos without lagging or stuttering. Most importantly, this video player supports loading embedded subtitles automatically and also allows you to add external subtitles if needed. To improve your watching experience, it even offers options to take screenshots of your favorite scenes as well.
- Ensures fast loading of 4K videos
- Supports HD and UHD videos, including 1080P, 4k, 5k, and 8k
- Provides high-quality video resolution without any issues
- Offers easy conversion of imported 4K files to different formats
- It offers easy navigation and adjustable playback speed, including full control options for the playback.
- OS: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, tvOS, Raspberry Pi
- Price: free
- G2 Rating: 4.2 out of 5
- Best for: Users who want to enjoy movies by switching seamlessly on different devices
It is a free 4K video player for PC with an easy-to-use and convenient interface that everyone can easily navigate. One doesn't need to download and install additional codecs for playing video files without issues.
The platform runs effortlessly on many 4K file formats, including FLV, MP4, MKV, MP3, MPEG-3, and more. The software is convenient and provides an organized library to explore. The best thing is that you can easily customize the interface per your preferences. The tool is designed to be safe and secure from adware or malware infections.
- Provides customizable interface to work on
- It gives users the facility to capture screenshots effortlessly
- Safe from adware or malware infections
- Works well on Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, iOS, tvOS, and Android systems
- OS: Windows and macOS
- Price: free. full version for $19.99
- CNET Rating: 3.6 out of 5
- Best for: Users who want to watch and stream high-quality videos at the same time
It is another popular 4K video player for PC Windows 10, which allows you to play, create, and stream high-quality videos. The tool features a wide range of features and effortlessly delivers real-time, high-quality HEVC playback of HM11 encoded videos.
With its aid, you are able to easily play 4K videos, TV Programs, and movies from the internet effortlessly. Besides, it offers the ability to use Chapter Points to access different scenes with a simple click, and you can search for your favorite content here. Here, a built-in recently watched playlist is available so that you can find the movies watched quickly and easily.
- It saves space by converting videos and even streaming video to your TV
- Stream content from online storage such as Google and Dropbox
- Offers custom encode settings, sets B-Frames, modifies settings with Target Quantizer
- Enable HEVC 10-bit playback and more
- OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Price: free. full version for $149.99
- G2 Rating: 4.6 out of 5
- Best for: Users who have a low budget for a better movie-watching experience
GOM Player is one of the most reputable 4K video players for PC in the list that conveniently easily access over 4K, UHD, and 360-degree videos. The tool provides high-resolution videos to the users. It features all the necessary specs that allow users to play 4K, Ultra High Definition, and 360-degree videos effortlessly.
It is an intuitive video player in the list that offers the facility of outsourcing subtitles from the interface effortlessly. The tool can find and synchronize subtitles from movies automatically. Moreover, this software runs effortlessly on Windows and helps users find codecs to play damaged files.
- Detects and syncs subtitles automatically
- Provides ads-free user experience to users with paid versions
- Support for UHD and 4K High-Resolution Playback
So, Guys! You can use these top 7 4K Video players for PC Windows 10, 11, and other OS. Finding a video player is relatively easy, but finding a reliable option is one. The 4K video players we have added above are best as their own and ensure users have a high-quality user experience without any issues. You can go through the details above in depth and then pick the best option to suit your needs well.
4K Video Player FAQs
1. Which file formats do you expect to run smoothly with a perfect video player?
If you are willing to pick up a decent media player for your Windows or Mac devices, make sure that it runs smoothly with file formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, M4V, MKV, TS, 3GP, FLV, MOV, RMVB, etc.
2. What are the basic functionalities that a media player provides?
A primary media player provides different functionalities like accessibility over video and audio files, organized multimedia collections, adding and removing subtitles, adjusting audio, and much more.
3. Why are third-party video players preferred over built-in ones?
Although most computers and laptops today come up with built-in video player options, people still opt for third-party possibilities due to the availability of different premium features.