Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
In case you are unaware, AVI stands for Audio Video Interleaved. Developed by Microsoft, it has now become a popular and widely used container format. With a high data reading speed, you can enjoy playing the audio or videos synchronous at a time.
Though AVI file format is compatible with some media players, excluding QuickTime, you should go for the third-party software if you want to experience the high video/audio quality.
However, the software you download over the internet to play music, TV shows, and movies must be compatible with the device requirements. The guide below is pivotal if you need to find out the best and most efficient AVI player to get a better viewing quality. Let's walk into the details!
- Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts
- Top 2. Media Player Classic
- Top 3. VLC Media Player
- Top 4. GOM Player
- Top 5. Real Player
- Top 6. Free Blu-ray Player
- Top 7. FreeSmith
- Top 8. EImedia Player
- Top 9. KMPlayer
- Top 10. Infuse 7
EaseUS RecExperts is not just screen recording software but also a video player with speed control. Since it supports almost 10+ formats, you can easily use it as an AVI player. Its innovative playback control options and high-quality watching experience are among its top unique features.
Besides allowing you to watch videos on full-screen, you can also do some editing if required. To its recording functions, you can either record full screen on Windows 10 and Mac, or a small portion of the screen on Windows and Mac. Plus, it is possible to use a webcam and microphone audio function to create a tutorial.
- Offer a quick and efficient built-in media player
- Let you choose the output audio/video parameters
- Schedule the tasks by settings start and end time
- Provide you with an auto stop and split function
- Support playing MKV file on Mac with one click
Learn the detailed steps to trim AVI files with some AVI cutters in 2022!
Media Player Classic proves to be a remarkable media manager for Windows, with which you can play MP4 on Mac at the desired playback rate. Also, it is possible to adjust the after-playback options.
You can upload files via URL, device, directory, and other sources, and also it lets you burn Blu-ray and DVDs. Not only this, but you are allowed to select a preset, i.e., minimal, compact, and standard.
- Create and organize playlist as desired
- Let you play media on repeat (even forever)
- Offer the light and dark interface theme
- Availability of the outdated UI
- Slow processing than the latest players
- Crashes sometimes while processing
Learn about the top 12 MKV players for Windows/Mac/iPhone/Android in 2022!
If you want an open-source and ads-free AVI player, VLC Media Player must be your way to go. Offering a smooth playback, it lets you control the audio and video effects, and it is also can be used as an MP4 player for Mac.
You can effortlessly create and customize the playlist as per your demands. Even watching and enjoying the videos on a full screen is possible. Lastly, it can be used as a media converter and recorder if required.
- Support disc, network stream, and capture device
- Let you Zoom, crop, and change the aspect ratio
- Allow you to use the docked playlist
- Lack of features of advanced editing
- Offer double volume that's damaging
- Beginners require some training
GOM Player is compatible with all Windows and Mac devices, along with playing A/V formats like RMVB, MKV, VOB, AVI, etc. Besides offering a subtitles library where you can search and sync them with videos, it supports formats like SRT, SMI, and RT for subtitles.
Some of its other features are auto codec finding, OpenCodec, and 360-degree VR support. As a result, you will be able to enjoy the immersive watching experience.
- Work as a useful video speed controller
- Let you capture and advance capture the screenshot
- Support the A-B repeat and time jump function
- The display ads on the interface are annoying
- Install some potentially unwanted programs
- It does not offer a user-friendly interface
Are you finding out an AVI player that is free to use and offers a wide range of media files like videos, images, and more? If yes, Real Player is an impressive solution for you. It helps you in creating playlists and albums.
Also, you will experience a high video quality of up to 4K. Even you are open to sharing the movies or videos with friends. Adding more, it keeps track of downloads and transfers in the activity center.
- Work as a CD or DVD player
- Download YouTube videos to computer
- Cast your videos to the big screen
- Library videos load slowly
- Sometimes freezes while playing
- The download button is hard to find
Another remarkable media manager is the Free Blu-ray Player, which has the capability to either play the audio/video files directly or the discs. It is suitable to watch DVD movies since it never compromises the video quality.
Plus, you can adjust the screen size by using the available options, i.e., full, normal, double, and fit to screen. Even making any deinterlace choice is all in your control.
- Offer the fast-forward and rewind options
- Enable or disable the audio track
- Change audio channel and devices
- Not updated in the last six months
- Ads on the interface bottom
- It does not support the editing features
FreeSmith video player comes with a stylish interface that supports AFS, MPG, MKV, AVI, and more. Offering a good video and sound quality, this AVI player lets you enjoy the best video-watching adventure.
Also, you can use the playback controls, like volume up/down and next/previous video. Last but not least, it allows you to enhance the video by changing skin, color, and shade as desired.
- Play single, sequence, random, and in the loop
- Create a playlist by adding your favorite videos
- Offer the excellent quality results
- Slow media loading issue
- A bit laggy in processing
- Lack the advanced functions
The next on the list of feature-rich AVI players is EImedia Player for Mac. It is compatible with multiple file formats like MKV, MP3, MOV, FLV, AVI, DAT, WMV, FLAC, etc.
Also, you can play the Blu-ray without installing additional codecs. Even if your Mac is undergoing any syncing issues, it is easier to adjust the audio track. Simply, it provides you with equalizer and visualizer options.
- Offer the frame-by-frame shuttling feature
- Work on the Mac and iPhone as well
- Play MOV files on Windows 10 in the way you like
- A little complex to use for the first time
- Limited functions in its free version
- Video resolution may reduce sometimes
KMPlayer is a widely used Android player which offers to play video, audio, and subtitles. Along with supporting different formats, it can play media via Google Cloud, Dropbox, Yahoo Disc, and URL.
The continuous playback with the HD resolution support feature is what makes this AVI player worthy of use. Adding bookmarks, adjusting playback, and using quick buttons are other features to enjoy.
- Play almost any file format without buffering
- Support playing videos directly via YouTube
- Let you change the various subtitles settings
- Make the phone usage slow while working
- Take much time to download via URL
- Sometimes freezes the phone
The next AVI player to enhance your video-watching adventure on iPhone is none other than Infuse 7. It helps you to play standard formats, along with MTS, OGV, DVR-MS, MTS, OGM, and more.
You can also take advantage of its fantastic features, like syncing with storage apps & devices, Airplay, inserting subtitles, and super-smooth streaming. Adding more, it offers zoom options, deinterlacing, gesture controls, chapters, and playback controls.
- Support Yandex, Plex, Jellyfin, Emby, etc.
- Let you sync playback progress between devices
- Provide you with a one-click subtitles download function
- Bring about some syncing issues
- No built-in web browser
- Not a cost-effective application
FAQs about AVI Players
To solve your problems, we gathered some frequently asked questions and give you the answers here.
1. What video player can play AVI files?
The ten players we give you in this article can all be used to play AVI files. All you need to do is choose one tool and start playing your AVI files.
2. What's the best AVI player?
Among all the AVI players, we recommend you download and use EaseUS RecExperts as it can play your local AVI files with easy steps. More importantly, if you can't download the AVI file due to some reason, you can record and view it with EaseUS RecExperts.
The above article provides a consciously picked list of the top 10 AVI players. Since each AVI player has its pros and cons, you must select the one that goes with your demands and have it a try.
No doubt all are credible and valuable enough to use; EaseUS RecExperts take the lead. The reason is its processing rate, output quality, better performance, and extensive list of fantastic features. So use it once, and you will surely keep using it forever!