Table of Contents
If you want to capture your screen in high quality, you can opt for an HD screen recorder. Actually, there are many HD video recorders available on the market, and you may get confused while selecting the best 1080P high-quality screen capture software. If you are one of them, this post will pull you out.
Here you will learn the top 10 best free 1080P video recording software with both pros and cons in detail. So, just continue reading to find the suitable full HD screen recorder to capture video in 1080P without any hassle.
#1. EaseUS RecExperts - Recommend
Compatibility: Windows and macOS
As one of the best free screen recorder, EaseUS RecExperts is also regarded as the best HD screen recorder amongst the top brands with proper control and functioning.
With its aids, you are able to easily capture your screen in high definition, like 1080P. Besides that, it offers three different recording quality options from low to high, so that you can select your recorded video quality based on your needs. Moreover, it also provides many useful functions for screen recording. For example, it enables you to flexibly record any area on your screen, and the built-in schedule recording feature helps you start or stop your recording automatically. Want to explore more functions? Just download it!
- The best full HD screen recorder for Windows and Mac
- Record video with webcam or audio simultaneously
- Split your recordings automatically according to the time or file size
- Offer some editing tools like trimming
- Offer some editing tools like trimming
#2. OBS Studio
Compatibility: Mac and Windows
OBS Studio is a good option if you are a Mac user and have problems finding a free 1080P high-quality screen recorder. This software is a free and open-source software for both recording and capturing live streams.
Moreover, using this program, you can record one or more monitors simultaneously and then share your recordings to some social platforms as you like. It's also worth mentioning that this freeware provides your audio mixer, suppress, gain and filter for squeezing noise, and that means your recordings will keep good quality in any case of annoying noises.
- Support the live broadcast of games over platforms like YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook
- Tweak for performance and quality too with given weekly notifications
- Equipped with studio mode, which would let you preview your scenes and sources
- A complicated interface that will confuse beginners
- Some of the features include gimmicks
When it comes to the best free full 1080P video capture software, Camstudio is also seen amongst the top brands. Allowing you to record all screen and audio activities on your computer or desktop, it also creates industry-standard video files and uses its built-in SWF producers.
It is highly recommended for HD screen recordings and provides you with a list of benefits options. Moreover, the application provides you with live streaming capabilities, basic video editing tools and VoIP with audio recording features too.
- Unlimited amount of video recording time
- Adding text comments to the video and automatic video shut services too
- Support features like screen captions, picture to picture, and video annotation
- Not friendly user interface
- Only support AVI and flash formats
#4. liteCam HD
If you have a keen interest in gaming and you are looking for 1080P high-resolution screen capture software, then you can try LiteCam HD.
You can easily capture, edit, and record videos of gaming together with recording facilities too. It is a useful tool with the capability of exporting compressed files without any loss of quality and features. Moreover, the quality of maintaining quality even after the trimming and compression makes it look euphoric and worthwhile. Therefore, if you are a gamer and looking for this thing, give this HD video recorder a shot.
- Support editing videos after recording
- Capture high-quality videos, and the quality remains the same even after the compression
- Trim files using the preview option
- Only available for windows
If you are looking for an open-source 1080P video recorder, you can try ShareX, which comes with many benefits and qualities. With its help, you can easily record a full or partial HD screen with a few clicks. Also, you can use it to create screenshots.
The best part of ShareX comes as a workflow where all input and output sources are saved predefined for HD screen recording. This application has high configurable profile builders which can be used for any recordings.
- Include hotkeys to start and stop the recording process rapidly
- Scan QR code and recognize text services thus providing a wider option for login
- Support scrolling capture, auto-capture, and text capture practices too
- Not friendly to novices
#6. Movavi Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
Movavi screen recorder is one of the finest and reckoning HD screen capture tools that can easily capture any video, game, or webcam.
In addition, you can use it to perform some special tricks like capturing online calls in addition to videos. Once done, you can easily trim or compress the captured video and upload it on any platform with it.
- Equipped with an adjustable capture area with multiple capture streams present in it
- Make it easy to share on platforms like YouTube and Google drive
- Enable users to create high profile quality screencasts
- Limited features in the free version
The EzVid is known for video editing but has built an HD video recording software, too. You can use it for both video recording and even audio recording on your microphone and on text speech options, and it is regarded for capturing instructional and informational content videos.
Moreover, there is a recording mode, which can record games and any screen on the desktop. To conclude, this 1080P high quality desktop recorder will help you a lot in screen recording activities.
- Easy to use
- Allow merging the videos with some editing functions and capabilities
- Enable to upload recordings on YouTube quickly
- No full HD recording and slow video rendering features
TinyTake is a free HD screen capture for Windows 10. Not only is a lightweight software allowing you to capture images and record screen but it also provides an annotation to share your capture on instant links.
Once you are done with the login process, you will be introduced to a vertical view of all your videos, images, audios, and YouTube uploads. Make sure to set to configure System audio and microphone before you start recording.
- Capture video from Webcams and bulk file sharing option too
- Built-in online viewer for captured images and videos
- Has cloud-based sharing for quick sharing, capturing, and uploading the files or audio formats
- It is limited to 5 minutes of recording only, and video files are shared up to 4mbs only
- Limited editing features
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
Want to capture images or videos from your computer and demonstrate it to your colleagues and friends? Now, you can do so with the help of Monosnap.
It is reliable, fine, and flourishing 1080P video recorder software for capturing screenshots, audio recording, and many more facilities. Also, it allows you to capture images, edit them with high-profile editor tools, and then share them on good platforms. It can also share simultaneously from your computer camera and let you have a view to see both your screen and face.
- The magnifier feature lets you choose your recorded areas
- It has a simple but varied type of tools and features
- A free utility that performs a function in capturing reliable and high-quality images and much more
- The window button of Monosnap is hard to see and recognize
- Some storage options not available or restricted to only premium account subscriptions
#10. QuickTime Player
If you are an Apple user and have a problem finding a specific but reliable HD screening tool, you can have an experience with QuickTime Player. It not only plays videos but also captures high-quality videos, audios, and screening for gaming, etc. It is rather simple in recording videos as it is more effective than audio recording features.
Moreover, it supports webcam recording, thus making it even more versatile and compatible as compared to other sources. The Quick Time Player can be used as video-sharing platform to YouTube and many more.
- Allow you to edit, play, and share the video recording as per your expectations
- Record in H.264 video and 44100 Hz AAC audio
- Display the current size in the file according to space and has other recording features too
- Has no feature of the recording MP4 format
- The video editor has basic techniques and does not support any enhancements
After reading all the details about the best HD screen recorders for Windows 10 and Mac computer, you now can reach a clear verdict. Any of these tools can be a great help to you if you want to record your screen. But if you want to know our opinion, we have tested all these tools, and we think that no other tool is as good as EaseUS RecExperts. So start using this software without any hesitation.
Was This Page Helpful?