Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
Skype has gained massive popularity among video conferencing applications as people regularly use it with friends or family. An active Skype user might be willing to capture some important moments during a Skype call. To get that done, a competent Skype recorder is necessary.
However, which is the best free Skype video recorder? Don't worry; this post will point you in the right direction! Just keep reading.
Our Skype Recorder Selection Criteria
Here are some of the critical aspects of choosing the best free Skype video recording software:
📸Ease of use: No one wants to start recording with a complicated tool. So, the Skype video recorder should be friendly and needs a gentle learning curve.
🧵Recording features: Check out if the software supports flexible screen recording, webcam recording, and audio recording.
🎞️Save and share: It is also important whether you can export your Skype recordings in your desired formats as well as share.
🎉User reviews: Referring to real users' reviews is also important before making a decision.
- 💻OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 (32 or 64 bit); macOS 10.13 and later
- 🔖TechRadar Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Recording various video calls, video conferences, and other audio chatting with simple clicks
EaseUS RecExperts is a competent video and audio recorder that can enable you to capture anything on your Windows and macOS. You can use this recorder for various uses, ranging from recording Skype calls to capturing podcasts and interviews.
With its help, you are able to capture Skype calls and save them in almost any popular format, like MP4, MP3, MOV, etc. If needed, you can even to add a webcam overlay during the Skype call recording, as well as your own voice without any background noise. Last but not least, it provides many editing tools for you to process the recorded file.
- Offer the AI noise reduction feature
- Allow recording screen and audio at the same time
- Support schedule recording to record video automatically
- Offer a built-in video/audio trimmer to edit the recordings
- Export recordings in your desired format
- 💻OS: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (32bit or 64bit)
- 🔖Softpedia Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Capturing and recording Skype voicemails and video messages
TalkHelper Call Recorder for Skype provides one with all the ease of use they have hoped for with a simple, smooth, and intuitive interface. It's a reliable Skype recorder with a dedicated audio/video recording mode, letting you record Skype meeting effortlessly.
Additionally, you won't lose any voicemails because this app catches them, too. Unlike many other applications, audio is captured in stereo mode and different channels to differentiate the parties concerned.
- Support recording *inside* into Skype, ensuring every video frame can be captured and saved
- Support saving Skype audio calls in MP3 or WAV format with stereo or mono option
- Compatible with all Skype versions
- No notification sound feature
- Take a lot of storage space
Share this helpful article with other in need!
- 💻OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10 (32/64-bit)
- 🔖G2 Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Users who want to record Skype calls with a lightweight Skype recorder
Pamela for Skype is an excellent Skype video recorder that boasts durability and ease of use. One can capture Skype calls and chats when there's a need. It also allows one to schedule recording and record audio in either mono or stereo mode based on a user's preference.
This video chat recorder offers a lot of control and customization in capturing calls and controlling the background of chats. To ensure that one doesn't miss a Skype audio or video message, there's support for an automatic call recording function that operates without the need for your interaction.
- Support for automatic call recording
- A lot of customization options
- Advanced answering machine
- Not compatible with Linux/Mac
- Certain limitations in the free version
- 💻OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10/11 (32/64-bit)
- 🔖CNET Rating: 3.7 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Capturing original audio and video data in Skype call
Evaer Skype Recorder is its kind of application offering users a range of modes that you can use to capture Skype video or audio calls, including PiP, a side-side window, different files, remote-only webcams, local-only webcams, and save in either MP4 or AVI format. Additionally, video and audio calls will be captured automatically for the users, ensuring no risk of losing a crucial call.
It also has options for one to preview the footage while the Skype video recording process begins. There are many parameters to adjust, such as video codec, resolution, frame rate, and aspect ratio concerning Skype video call capture.
- Support for automatic call recording
- Easy to use with friendly UI
- Allow previewing video while recording video calls
- Save Skype video message and Skype voicemail directly to your hard disk
- Take some time to load up
- Tools might be confusing for beginners
- 💻OS: Windows 10/8 (8.1)/7/Vista/XP/2000
- 🔖Informer Technologies Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Recording private Skype calls, business call center, Skype interview, and parental control
Athek Skype Recorder is one of the most sophisticated Skype video recording software that provides nothing less than the highest standard. It also offers a free trial period to test the features available in the paid version.
There's a secret mode for privacy, and hidden access that allows users to capture any part of the Skype calls on your Windows PC without anyone ever recognizing them, so there's parental control. The application can be used in both commercial and personal modes without any restriction whatsoever.
- Record both sides of the conversation
- Easy and convenient to use
- Support for automatic call recording
- Advanced FTP Uploader for Power Users
- Record videos only in AVI format
Spread out this post to help more Skype users now!
- 💻OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- 🔖PCWorld Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Basic Skype audio and video recording
DVDVideoSoft is another free Skype video recording software with minimalistic experience and limits at all. One will experience high-quality video and audio recording with the application, along with a user-friendly GUI. With this free Skype recorder, one can open up to more than one recording mode, including a PiP, video from the person at the other end, audio from both sides combined, and more.
Additionally, one has complete control over the recording process, particularly because there are pause and play buttons while recording. For ease of playback, videos are normally stored in MP4 format, while normal audio-only calls are stored in MP3 format.
- Support re-recording the Skype call
- Support for PiP mode
- Record Skype calls in video format as well
- No support for automatical call recording
- Only a few advanced features
- 💻OS: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (32 or 64 bit)
- 🔖Softpedia Rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Recording Skype video and audio calls anytime, anywhere
Amolto Call Recorder is another free Skype video recording tool that guarantees one infinite Skype recording time without losing quality. This software is best suited for a user who requires reliability and efficiency while recording Skype calls anytime and anywhere.
While one may prefer the manual method of capturing Skype calls individually, this software can make the process much simpler by automatically recording them for you.
- No certain boundaries or limitations
- Simplified process of recording calls
- Crashes randomly on certain PC's
- 💻OS: Windows XP and higher
- 🔖Informer Technologies Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Recording podcast and interviews in Skype
If you tend to be part of Skype podcasts and interviews, CallGraph Skype Recorder could be a good option to capture Skype calls more effectively. Audio calls can be captured in either MP3 or WAV format and accessed on any video platform out there. Additionally, It is also completely free to use for personal and commercial purposes without any charges, conditions, or limits.
There are quite a few small options in this application that some other applications don't offer. For example, you're free to choose where you want your recordings to be saved, unlike other software that preset the directory for you.
- Suitable for recording Podcasts and Interviews
- Support manual call recording
- Not support changing the file format
- 💻OS: macOS 10.12 or newer
- 🔖G2 Rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Recording Skype video and audio calls on Mac
How about record Skype video on Mac? Take a look at Ecamm Call recorder. As one of the best free Mac Skype video call recorders, Ecamm Call Recorder provides direct and automated recording while also providing users with access to the usual "Record" and "Pause" keys.
Besides, File conversion features are also offered at your fingertips. Its unique ability to transform calls to MP3 equivalents for certain podcast moments or video clips for video sharing platforms such as Vimeo and YouTube is a bonus. A free trial is available, which could help you test the functionality before making up your mind to get a paid version.
- Built-in editing tools are available
- Support to backup recordings
- Customization options
- Only for macOS
- Require a costly subscription
- 💻OS: macOS
- 🔖CNET Rating: 6 out of 10 stars
- 🔶Best for: Recording Skype or other video calls without extra installation
QuickTime, known for its ability to play media files on a Mac, has many other features that only a certain number of people know about. QuickTime can capture the whole screen along with the audio from the microphone, which can help you record Skype calls without much trouble.
Also, this free video recorder for Skype can produce a reasonably large file. Ensure you save the recorded call from a Skype conference, interview, or podcast in high resolution. Coming built-in without costing a dime, QuickTime is one of the best Skype Recording applications for Mac.
- Video capture software
- Free Skype video recorder
- Record streaming audio
- Record in high-resolution
- Offer a variety of customization options
- Recorded files are huge
- It might not be very clear for some people
- 💻OS: Windows 7/8/10, macOS
- 🔖Cuspera Rating: 4.05 out of 5 stars
- 🔶Best for: Converting recorded Skype speech to text
CallNote is an effortless Skype call recorder software for Mac with a concise and straightforward user interface without any constraints whatsoever. Users can record both the audio and video simultaneously during a Skype call or a Mac meeting. The application can also convert the recorded speech to be translated to text transcripts as an additional bonus.
The built-in editor can refine the recorded meeting/call to improve the captured audio and video. It can also easily share files to websites such as YouTube, Facebook, and more.
- Free Skype video call recorder
- Built-in editor to refine the recordings
- Support quick share
- Many other tools are available
- Work only on Mac
- Text transcription doesn't work smoothly
There are many excellent Skype video recorders for recording Skype calls on Windows and Mac, and all tools come with their own set of features and advantages.
However, considering all the tools and ease of access, EaseUS RecExperts is the best choice. It offers exhaustive effects to improve audio, professional-level editing tools, and the option to export files in multiple formats.
Skype Recorder App FAQs
If you still have problems finding a free Skype video recording app, those FAQs would be helpful for you.
1. Can you record a Skype video call?
Yes, you can record Skype video calls with a powerful Skype call recorder, EaseUS RecExperts, compatible with Windows and macOS. This free Skype video recording allows you to capture video, audio, and webcam at the same time, or you can only capture one of them. This powerful Skype recording software supports selecting audio sources freely, and whether you need to capture the system sound or the microphone audio, it can always help.
2. Which is the best Skype Recorder for free?
Here are the top 11 Skype video recorders on Windows and Mac:
- 1. EaseUS RecExperts
- 2. TalkHelper Call Recorder
- 3. Pamela
- 4. Evaer Skype Recorder
- 5. Athek Skype Recorder
- 6. DVDSoft Free Skype Recorder
- 7. Amolto Call Recorder
- 8. Call Graph Skype Recorder
- 9. Ecamm Call Recorder
- 10. QuickTime Player
- 11. CallNote