Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Crystal Chen is very interested in technology products. Experiencing many technological applications, She is willing to solve users' problems through writing tech-related articles. Through her words, you can find various solutions to solve one issue. …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to multimedia tools including screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data security, including articles about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
For saving the audio playing on your device, all you need to do is find a powerful recorder that can capture the internal sound. Although some devices offer you a built-in audio recorder, not all smartphones and computers have features to record system audio directly.
So how can you create an internal audio recording on a PC or Android phone without a built-in recorder? Don't worry. All the internal audio recorders in this post can help. This article will give you detailed information about the best internal sound recorders for PC and Android, and you can select the most suitable one by comparing them.
Factors to Consider While Choosing Internal Sound Recorders
We focused on the parameters that are most important when using internal sound recording software:
|🔥Easy to use||Look for a recorder with a simple and intuitive interface that allows you to start, stop, and manage your recordings easily. Check if it offers convenient features like hotkeys or one-click recording.|
|🛠️Recording quality||Look for an audio recorder that provides high-quality recordings. Consider factors such as bit rate, sample rate, and audio formats supported to ensure the recorder meets your desired level of audio fidelity.|
|🎆Features and Functionality||Consider any additional features that may be important to you, like noise reduction, editing capabilities, scheduled recordings, etc.|
|👨User review||Check the real users' reviews to make a judgment.|
Before moving to our complete ranking, here's a quick recap of the best system sound recorder we made after our testing:
|🏅Best Overall (PC/Mac)||EaseUS RecExpert|
|🎵Most Friendly||Mobizen Screen Recorder|
6 Internal Sound Recorders [PC & Mac]
1. EaseUS RecExperts
- G2 Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Best for: Capture screen with audio, like recording video calls, gameplay highlights, etc.
EaseUS RecExperts is one of the most popular screen recorder software on the market, which is used widely by Windows and macOS users all around the world. Using this software, you can easily solve the problem if you don't know how to record internal audio on Mac. Also, you can use it to record the full or part of the screen, audio, and webcam. This versatile recorder helps you record internal sound and microphone separately or simultaneously and allows you to record screen with audio.
This PC internal sound recorder is dedicated to helping novice users and professionals record whatever they want on the screen. Besides the video and audio recording tools, EaseUS RecExperts even offers you a built-in media player and file trimmer to view or edit your recordings easily. And if you don't know how to record Zoom meeting without permission, EaseUS RecExperts is here to help.
- One of the best screen recording software for beginners
- Record system sound, microphone sound, or both of them
- Enable you to record audio, screen, and webcam with a few simple clicks
- Schedule recording to start capturing video and audio automatically
- Support file trimming and adding the opening title/closing credits to your videos
Click the below button to install this excellent screen recorder and record internal audio by following the steps below.
- G2 Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Best for: Create and edit professional sound recordings
If you would like to record audio Windows 10, macOS, or Linux computers, you can try Audacity. It is a piece of sound-editing software that is widely known for being open-source and offering cross-platform compatibility. It's not only a screen recorder with internal audio but also a sound editing software that you can use professionally.
- Free of charge
- Lightweight and a relatively small program size
- Open-source with community support working to improve it continually
- Allow you to convert music tapes and save them to MP3 on CD
- Allow users to use different sound files and duplicate, cut, blend, or graft them together
- Some aspects are more complex and not as user-friendly
- The program is limited in its mixing capabilities
3. Free Sound Recorder
- G2 Rating: 3 out of 5 star (⭐⭐⭐)
- Best for: Internal and external audio capture
By the name, you can guess that it's a system audio recorder available for free. This is fantastic freeware that allows you to record sound generated by a computer or any external source. You can save audio from YouTube or any other online source and listen to it later. You can also record Skype and WhatsApp conversations and keep them safe on your computer as a beautiful memory with your dear and lovable ones.
- Record VoIP calls or Internet-telephony conversations when using programs like Skype, Google Talk, etc.
- Preset quality for efficient recording
- Enhance recordings & audio files
- Allow users to record streaming audio broadcasts, conferences, VoIP phone calls, Skype, etc.
- Contain ads
- Not so smooth compared to other paid software
4. AudFree Audio Capture
- G2 Rating: 4.5 out of 5 star (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Best for: Create high-quality streaming music recordings
AudFree Audio Capture is a system sound recorder that can record all types of sound playing through any Mac apps, including iTunes, QT, Safari, Chrome, VLC, and any other local or web media players. It is a good solution to record streaming audio and live broadcasts, online radios, and more with lossless quality and ID3 tags retained.
As it's wizard-based software, you do not need any advanced configuration to make this application work.
- Trusted and reliable software
- Ultra-simple recording with a few clicks
- Value for money
- Effective as an Audio capture tool
- Similar software is available free of cast
- Costly to purchase if one does not regularly use it
5. TunesKit Audio Capture
G2 Rating: 3 out of 5 star (⭐⭐⭐)
Best for: Record and edit audio simultaneously
TunesKit Audio Capture is a free internal audio recorder for Mac that can only record any sound you want with one click, whether the sound is from internal or external. You can also record streaming music like Apple Music, Spotify, etc., as well as some other audio types, including broadcasts, radio stations, game music, etc.
Using this software, you can also extract audio tracks from video files of any format you play on your Mac. This software can also edit the audio records by merging or trimming the clips according to your wish.
- It keeps lossless quality and ID3 tags
- Record screen and camera at the same time
- Extract audio tracks from video files
- It converts recorded audio to MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, etc.
- There are minor bugs in the current version
- It contains ads
- Regular updates are mandatory
6. QuickTime Player
- G2 Rating: 3 out of 5 star (⭐⭐⭐)
- Best for: Unlimited sound recording
QuickTime Player is another completely free internal audio recorder for Mac users. You can use QuickTime Player (version 10) to play, record, edit, and share audio and video files. It is an extensible multimedia outline work that is produced by Mac and even handles different organizations of digital video, picture sound, panoramic image, and interactivity.
Besides, it is an excellent movie software viewer that uses the latest streaming technology to access instant content on the Internet.
- Support a small and attractive interface
- Smart and various annotations to use
- Capture everything on your screen
- Upload your snapshot to our storage in one click
- Limited recording and editing functionality
- It takes up a larger space in your small Mac storage
4 Free Internal Sound Recorder for Android
1. Mobizen Screen Recorder
Google Play Rating: 4.2 out of 5 star (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
It is an internal audio screen recorder that records system audio with screen for Android users. This app has so many essential tools. When you launch this app and open it, you can choose whether you want to record internal or external audio while the screen recording is on. You can also select internal recording, and that's it.
- This app is free of cost
- It can record a clear screen in full HD
- It allows users to record only internal sounds
- Various video editing features are available, including trim, cut, add images, etc.
- Allow you to record longer videos without worrying about storage space
- As it's free, the app contains ads
- This is only available for Android
2. AZ Screen Recorder
Google Play Rating: 4.5 out of 5 star (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
AZ Screen Recorder is another screen and audio recorder not rooted for Android users. You can download it from Google Play for free. After installing, launch the app and enable the option to record the audio, and this app won't record sound until you enable this option.
If you are using this app for recording internal voice, make sure that the room where your recording is completely silent since the microphone you will be using can pick up external sounds as well as internal audio.
- It doesn't ask for root access
- There is no time limit and no watermark
- A floating widget always staying on top will let you snap at the exact moment on any screen
- Record audio and screen at the same time
- The program is limited in its mixing capabilities
- If you do not save video just after recording, it gets deleted permanently
3. ADV Screen Recorder
Google Play Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
ADV Screen Recorder is another Android screen recorder with internal audio. With this app, you can easily capture the sound coming from your smartphone without requiring root.
Moreover, this internal audio app lets you record screen, system sound, microphone, or both at the same time with high quality. It also offers you options to change the resolution, bitrate, frame rate and edit the recordings with basic tools.
- Offer editing tools
- Set your text and banner with full customization
- Use front or back camera while recording
- Contain ads
4. Screen Recorder
Google Play Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
Screen Recorder is another Android internal sound recorder application. This app offers you many options, such as recording videos, taking screencasts, capturing webcam and screen simultaneously, etc.
Using it, you can capture your own voice through a microphone while recording the screen, which is helpful for making tutorials. After recording, it supports saving the recorded videos on an SD card or any location you want.
- Offer Day/Night theme
- Support multiple languages
- Built with some basic editing tools
- It doesn't have a floating control button
3 Free Online Internal Sound Recorder :
1. Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder
When it comes to recording on PC, people always think about screen recording software. In fact, an Chrome extension can also do that. Here we give you Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder. With this easy editing tool, you can focus on recording internal audio with one simple click. This extension is very flexible. Let's see more information about it below.
- Editing can be done directly in a browser
- Scrolling during recording won't disrupt recording
- Built-in countdown will remind you of the recording
- Accessible only for Chrome and Firefox users
Screencastify is another online screen recorder we want to introduce to you. It is capable of recording tutorials, lessons, or other kinds of videos. This extension offers a clean-cut screen recording function. The steps to record audio on your device are as simple as clicking a button, making it efficient for smaller projects. Let's see its pros and cons below.
- Saves files directly to YouTube or Google Drive
- Quite user-friendly, no need to learn technics
- It works well with Google Chrome
- Recording time no more than 5 minutes
Screencapture.com offers users an online screen recorder that can record microphone, sound, and webcam. It also supports adding or removing watermark to or from the recorded videos. The online version is excellent for working solely on capturing. However, if you need to do more for your recordings, such as editing the video, you'll need to download the software.
- Compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Opera
- The tool records your device and saves the HD videos
- No professional skills are needed
- Features are limited in the online version
The Bottom Line
We have shown you the top 10 best internal sound recorders on this page, which can run perfectly on PC or Android. If you need to capture the system sound, you can choose anyone to complete the task. For those who want to capture the screen and audio simultaneously, EaseUS RecExperts is an excellent choice. It not only enables you to record internal audio on Mac or PC but capture screen with sound in simple clicks!
FAQs About Internal Audio Recording
If you want to get more information about internal audio recording software, here are some FAQs that may help.
1. Which Screen Recorder is best for internal audio?
You can never miss those best internal audio recording apps whether you want to record the system sound on PC, Mac, or your Android phone.
Top 10 internal audio recorder for PC/Mac/Android/Online:
- 1. EaseUS RecExperts - for Windows/macOS
- 2. Audacity - for Windows/macOS/Linux
- 3. Free Sound Recorder - for Windows/macOS
- 4. AudFree Audio Capture - for macOS
- 5. TunesKit Audio Capture - for macOS
- 6. QuickTime Player - for macOS
- 7. Mobizen Screen Recorder - for Android
- 8. AZ Screen Recorder - for Android
- 9. ADV Screen Recorder - for Android
- 10. Screen Recorder - for Android
- 11. Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder - Online
- 12. Screencastify - Online
- 13. Screencapture.com - Online
2. How to record internal audio on Mac?
It's straightforward to record internal audio on Mac as long as you installed EaseUS RecExperts on your MacBook. Follow the steps to capture system sound.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS RecExpert on your Mac, and click on the "Audio" button.
Step 2. Hit the icon in the bottom left corner to select a suitable sound source.
Step 3. Click on the "REC" button to start recording, and click on "Stop recording" when you want to save the audio.
Step 4. Then, you can use the built-in media player to view the internal audio you captured and trim the file if needed.
3. How do I record internal audio?
You can use different apps to record internal sound on your Windows PC. First of all, download and install EaseUS RecExperts on your device. After launching it, you can directly choose the "Audio" mode to capture the internal sound. This software offers you some optional sound sources. For instance, you can record the system audio and microphone separately or simultaneously. The recordings can be exported in a suitable audio format, such as MP3, AAC, or WAV.
4. Can you record internal audio on Android?
As we discussed earlier, Google has restricted this feature to recording internal audio for some reason. But somehow, some latest version of Android has this feature, but they are not very useful. The recorded audio remains very noisy.
5. Why does Google not allow internal audio recording?
There are many reasons behind this: one is your privacy, while another is a copyright issue. People will not download the music or any other audio, and they may just record it and use it. However, in the latest version of Android, Google has enabled this feature as of need.
One-click to capture anything on screen!
No Time Limit, No watermarkStart Recording