Table of Contents
About the Author
Nowadays, video tutorials in all walks of life are too familiar to you on the Internet, becoming an increasingly popular way to share information. By recording computer screens, whether it's to create a training course for work or class or it's to record a YouTube live streaming video, you're unlikely to get it done so smoothly without a high-quality screen and audio recorder. Whereas to produce the final complete video effect, you'll need some more capable free video recording software.
This article lists the top 12 free screen and voice recorders, which can work well on Windows and Mac computers. All you need to do is to select the best one according to your needs.
Top 6 Screen Recorder for PC with Audio
Best 6 Screen and Voice Recorder for Mac
Best 6 Free Screen Recorder for PC with Audio
Windows OS has attracted numerous users around the world. The demand to record screen and audio on Windows computers also surges as well. This part will cover the 6 best screen sound recorders with different features for Windows users.
#1. EaseUS RecExperts
Applies to Windows 11/10/8/7
EaseUS RecExperts is one of the best PC screen recorder with audio on the market. With its aid, you can use one click to start your unlimited recordings! This screen recording software allows you to capture video and audio at the same time, and moreover, while capturing screen and sound, you can freely choose to grab the system sound or your own microphone. Once done, this screen sound recorder offers you the option to separate the audio and video effortlessly if needed.
More than that, RecExperts enables you to record screen with voice, webcam, and even create GIFs and take screenshots. All in all, it is an excellent software to record screen and audio, whether for work or study.
- Support exporting multiple audio and video formats
- There is no time limit for recording
- Capture screen, audio, and webcam simultaneously or separately
- Record Zoom meeting without permission
- The snapshot feature is available
Applies to Windows
Another free software to record screen and audio for Windows is Bandicam, which supports capturing video, audio, webcam, or device without any lag.
If you want to use it to capture audio and screen on Windows PC, you will find it amazing. With only a few clicks, you will get the task done. Moreover, it lets you task screenshots on any area of your screen, which is useful for keeping some wonderful moments. So, whenever you want to record lectures, webinars, games, and Skype calls, you can rely on this Windows screen recorder with music.
- Capture 4K Ultra HD videos up to 3840x2160
- Record over 24 hours without stopping
- Upload a captured video to YouTube
- Record an area or full screen as you want
- The free version leaves a watermark on your video recording
- Lack of built-in video editing functions
Applies to Windows 7/XP/Vista
CamStudio is a free screen recorder with sound that is totally free to download and use. This program can record all screen and audio activity on your Windows computer. For convenience, it offers shortcut options, which means you can start or stop recording by hitting the key on your keyboard.
In addition, this screen and sound recorder allows you to add high-quality, anti-aliased screen captions to your recordings in seconds.
- Create high-quality video
- Record from microphone or speaker
- Support to use keyboard shortcuts to quickly start, pause and stop recording
- Schedule recording to stop or start recording automatically
- Not user-friendly and complex
- Outdated interface
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/7
ShareX is a popular screen sound recorder for Windows 10. It can be used to record the screen with audio, and share them with others.
The Windows screen sound recorder allows you to add image effects and watermarks to your recordings. Like other screen audio capture software, it also supports hotkeys to get things done quickly. After recording, you are allowed to share your video or audio as a URL.
- Drag and drop to upload recordings
- Customizable workflows
- Upload to multiple destinations
- Support screen, Webcam, and game recording
- Lightweight software
- High learning curve
- A bit confused about beginners
#5. Flashback Express
Applies to Windows
Flashback Express is a fast Windows screen recorder with audio, which is embedded with video editing features. This software can capture your desktop, websites, video calls – anything on your PC screen with sound.
Besides, it supports adding captions and arrows to highlight important parts. And after recording, you can export your video in multiple formats or upload it to your YouTube.
- Record your screen, webcam, and sounds
- Trim and make clips after recording
- Enhance recordings with captions, arrows, images
- Add music to your recording
- Limited export files formats
Applies to Windows/Mac
Screencast-O-Matic aims to simplify video recording and editing to the largest extent. Using Screencast-O-Matic, you will be impressed by how it is simple and intuitive.
With this screen and sound recorder, you can capture any area of your computer screen and record narration from your microphone and video from your webcam. And that is much useful when you need to make some tutorial videos on your PC.
- Record screen and webcam simultaneously
- Edit and annotate screen captures and video captures
- Available on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Chromebook
- Video recording and editing are two separate products
6 Free Software to Record Screen and Audio on Mac
Mac users may want to record their moments on macOS computers as well. Therefore, we list the best 6 Mac video and audio capture software with their pros and cons.
#1. EaseUS RecExperts for Mac
Applies to macOS 10.13 or later
This Mac screen recorder enables you to record a screen with audio in a few simple clicks. While recording, you can choose to capture the system audio or add a narration to the recorded video from the microphone or external audio devices flexibly.
Also, it supports schedule recording, which means you can set a specific time to start or stop the recording when you are not around. If you are an educator, marketer, YouTuber, or anyone else needing to do screen recording activities, you cannot miss RecExperts for Mac!
- Capture the screen flexibly, like full screen or part of the screen
- Record internal audio Mac effortlessly
- Support recording audio from the system, microphone, and both of them
- Support setting a Task Scheduler to record screen and sound automatically
- Edit the recordings with built-in tools
Now download EaseUS RecExperts on your Mac computer to explore more stunning features.
Applies to Windows/Mac
Snagit, developed by TechSmith, is trustworthy in the first place. This screen and voice recorder promises to let you quickly capture a process, add your explanation, and create visual instructions simply and powerfully.
With Snagit, your headache won't last because it allows you to record screen and audio simutaneously, by which you can present people's visual instructions rather than pastime wordy emails and documentation!
- Easy-to-use yet professional video and audio recording software
- Windows 10/8/7 and macOS Catalina/Mojave/High Sierra compatible
- Instantly share your images and videos to many platforms
- It has a free trial version
- Price starts from $49.95
- Absence of secure FTP connection
- No option to export files from WMV and AVI format
#3. OBS Studio
Applies to Windows/Mac/Linux
OBS Studio is a popular free and open source screen recorder and live streaming software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Open source means that the OBS project is maintained and devoted by generous contributors from its sponsors and backers.
As is popular until now, OBS Studio is regularly optimized to give the best video and audio recording experience for its faithful users. So, if you prefer free software to record screen and voice for free, OBS is another pleasant choice.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Not the most user-friendly here, but kind of easy-to-use for beginners
- Support HD streaming and capturing
- Exported videos are free from watermarks
- Setting up takes more time than usual
Applies to Mac
Screenflick is an excellent screen and voice recorder for Mac. It provides a high-quality screen and audio capture, which only needs 3 simple steps.
The user interface is so intuitive and helps you to start recording screen and audio quickly. This software enables you to record video, audio, keystrokes, and mouse clicks. So you do not need to record screen and audio respectively.
- Record whole screen, a section, or a specific window
- Capture system audio, your Mac's microphone, or external mic
- Record a webcam at the same time to overlay on the video
- Create time-lapse screen recordings of long projects
- Automatically stop recording with a timer
- Can not add annotations on your recordings
- Timeline is not allowed editing
#5. QuickTime Player
Applies to Mac
QuickTime is a cross-platform media player with screen and sound recording features. This multi-functional tool allows you to capture the whole screen or a selected window on your Mac screen.
You can do the task directly if you just need to record your screen with voice. However, for capturing a screen with the internal audio, you need to install Soundflower on your computer, as Mac does not capture the internal audio.
- Record videos in full screen
- Multiple cross-platform features and functions
- Save videos from the web
- A small and attractive interface
- Limited recording and editing features
- Can support MOV file format only
- Do not support system audio recording
#6. Snapz Pro X
Applies to Mac
Snapz Pro X is an easy-to-use screen sound recorder that can be operated on many devices. More than a simple screenshot utility, Snapz Pro X for Mac lets you capture anything that appears on your screen, either a movie or its voiceover.
In addition, it can capture full-screen or a smaller portion, and you can make product demos, tutorial videos, and other movie-based narratives with this tool.
- Support following the cursor or panning smoothly to new locations
- Has many versions that are compatible with Windows/Mac/iOS/Android
- Record living gameplay
- Support to customize the recording, like changing colors and adding watermarks
- Sometimes it will crash when recording
- Recordings are saved as MOV only
To Sum Up
Regarding the topic "screen and audio recorder", we come up with the best 16 recommendations that apply to Windows and Mac. In conclusion, based on an overall rating in the aspect of user-friendliness, screen, and audio recording abilities, you can select the one that suits your demand most. Here we highly recommend EaseUS RecExperts since it is an easy-to-use and full-featured screen recorder that can meet all your needs while recording!
FAQs about Screen Audio Recorder
Most people feel dizzy and confused about some questions when recording screen and audio. Here we list some of these questions and their relevant answers.
1. Can you screen record with sound?
Yes, you can. If you want to record a screen with sound, you can choose one of the screen recorders we mentioned above following your actual demand. For example, if you are recording a screen and sound on a Windows computer, you can choose EaseUS RecExperts to help you deal with it.
2. What is the best free screen capture software?
- Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts
- Top 2. OBS Studio
- Top 3. Screencast-O-Matic
- Top 4. Apowersoft Unlimited
- Top 5. AceThinker
- Top 6. ScreenFlow
- Top 7. Camtasia
3. How do I record my screen with Windows 10 with sound?
To quickly and easily record screen and sound on Windows 10, you can use Xbox Game Bar.
Here are the steps:
Step 1. Press Windows+G to launch Xbox Game Bar.
Step 2. Agree "Yes, this is a game." to open the Game Bar.
Step 3. Click Windows+Alt+R to start and stop recording.
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses