Table of Contents
About the Author
- 5 Easy Ways to Record Gameplay on Windows 11 without Lag
- Final Thoughts
- Record Gameplay on Windows 11 FAQs
Are you looking for ways to record gaming experiences on Windows 11? Whether you're a beginner or a pro, knowing where to start might be confusing. Fortunately, recording gameplay has never been easier with the emergence of powerful recording software that can make capturing those moments smooth and effortless.
In this blog post, we will outline five different ways you can reliably capture your gaming sessions using Windows 11 with minimal lag time. So if you're ready to start recording your wins (or losses) in beautiful HD quality, then let's get started!
5 Easy Ways to Record Gameplay on Windows 11 without Lag
5 Easy Gameplay Recording Software for Windows 11:
1. Record Gameplay with EaseUS RecExperts on Windows 11
EaseUS RecExperts is a professional and popular Windows screen recorder for Windows and Mac OS. It supports 2D/3D gameplay recording without any lag. It also allows its users to capture audio and capture webcam. With multiple record modes to choose from, you can record your game sessions in full screen (including borderless window mode), custom area, and record with a web camera. The gameplay videos can be saved as MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, and other popular formats on Windows 11/10/8/7 and macOS computers.
- Easy to use, with an intuitive interface, suitable for beginners and professionals
- Screen recorder with no time limit
- No watermark
- Scheduled game recording plan
- multi-screen recording & Auto-stop & auto- split
- Free screen capture function
- Record gameplay on PC with HD quality
- Share recordings to various platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Ins, etc.
- Offer various video editing options to make your videos attractive.
- You need to install software on your computer to use it
- The editing features of this screen recorder are less than those of professional video editing tools
- Here are the steps to use EaseUS RecExperts to record gameplay on Windows 11:
Follow these steps to record gameplay with EaseUS RecExperts on Windows 11:
Step 1. Start the gameplay you want to record and launch EaseUS game recorder. Next, select the Game mode.
Step 2. Click the nut icon to open the Settings window, and then click on "Video" to adjust the frame rate (from 1 to 144), video quality, format, etc.
In addition, you can click on the "Game" button to change some game overlay options. Once done, click "OK".
Step 3. Go back to the Game mode interface and click "Select Game" to choose the gameplay you want to capture. Next, click REC to start your game recording.
Step 4. You will see a small bar showing the time of your record. If needed, you can take screenshots in recording, or set the specific time to stop the recording by clicking the "Clock" icon on the toolbar.
Step 5. Once done, you can watch and edit the recorded footage with the built-in video editor. On the recorded video, you can trim the recordings as you want.
2. Record Gameplay with OBS Studio on Windows 11
OBS Studio is another popular screen recording software that is often used by gamers. It is a free and open-source screen recorder and provides a range of features, such as video configuration options, live streaming capabilities, and audio filters. Plus, it has support for Windows 11/10/7/8, macOS, and Linux systems. You can use it to capture HD gameplay in 4K resolutions.
- High flexibility with multiple record modes
- Free and open-source
- No time limitation or watermark
- Difficult to use for beginners, complex interface
- No direct share option to social media
- Can't record with a webcam
- Doesn't support recording multiple screens or scheduled recording
Follow these steps to record gameplay with OBS Studio on Windows 11:
Step 1. Download and install OBS Studio from its official website, and then launch it. (Secured URL: https://obsproject.com/)
Step 2. Click the "+" icon from the "Source" volume on the bottom, and click "Game Capture".
Step 3. Select a game-capturing mode from the three options. (Capture any full-screen application, Capture specific window, and Capture foreground Window with hotkey.)
Step 4. Click the" Start Recording" option to begin the game recording process.
Step 5. When finished, click "Stop Recording" and save it on your computer.
3. Record Gameplay with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11
Windows 11 also offers a built-in game recorder called Xbox Game Bar. You can record your game sessions with minimal lag time and in HD quality. It also provides other features such as a frame rate counter, screenshot capture, and audio capture to record sound from your microphone or system audio.
- Built-in record tool, no need for additional installation
- Free and easy to use
- Record with HD quality
- Provide game-related widgets such as frame rate counter and screenshot capture.
- No video editing options
- Can record only full screen or single window mode
- Only available for Windows 10/11 and Xbox One users.
Follow these steps to record gameplay with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11:
Step 1. Launch your game and press the "Win + G" keys to open the Xbox Game Bar.
Step 2. Click the "Record" button from the left side panel.
Step 3. Click "Stop" when you are finished with the record. (You can also start and stop recordings with Windows Key + Alt + R.)
Step 4. The video will be saved in a default folder, which is located at: C:\Users\UserName\Videos\Captures in MP4 format by default.
4. Record Gameplay with Movavi Screen Recorder on Windows 11
Movavi Screen Recorder is also third-party game recording software. It allows you to record full-screen games and videos from a webcam. It has an intuitive user interface and offers some basic video editing features like trimming, cropping, adding subtitles, etc.
- Record game videos with high quality
- Provide an in-built video editor
- Record both system sound and microphone audio directly
- No recording preview feature
- Record video with a watermark
- A bit more expensive than other recorders
Follow these steps to record gameplay using Movavi Screen Recorder on Windows 11:
Step 1. Download and install the Movavi Screen Recorder from its official website, and then launch it. (Secured URL: https://www.movavi.com/screen-recorder/)
Step 2. Click the "Record" button, and select a record mode from four options (full-screen record, record a program window, record an area of the screen, or record webcam).
Step 3. Configure video settings such as resolution, frame rate, etc., and set up your audio inputs such as system sound or microphone.
Step 4. Click the record button, and start recording your gameplay.
Step 5. When finished, press the Stop button to end the recording, and click "Save" to save it on your computer.
5. Record Gameplay with Aiseesoft Screen Recorder on Windows 11
Aiseesoft Screen Recorder is also a feature-rich game record software for Windows and mac OS. It allows you to record gameplay video, online streaming video, audio, and more with no lag time. It also offers advanced features such as custom hotkeys, scheduled recording, region selection, and more.
- Record screen activities without lags
- Take snapshots for quick reference
- Schedule records for a certain time and duration
- Provide advanced settings such as custom hotkeys
- No webcam recording feature
- The trial version provides 3 minutes limitation without editing features
- Lake of advanced video editing features
Follow these steps to record gameplay with Aiseesoft Screen Recorder on Windows 11:
Step 1. Download and install the Aiseesoft Screen Recorder from its official website, and then launch it. (Secured URL: https://www.aiseesoft.com/screen-recorder/).
Step 2. Click the "Video Recorder" tab from the main interface, then set the recording area (full or region)
Step 3. Configure record settings, and select your audio input (system sound or microphone).
Step 4. Click the record button to start recording, then click "Stop" when finished.
Step 5. Click "Save" to save your record as an MP4 file on a computer hard drive.
Recording gameplay videos on Windows 11 is not difficult when you have the right software. This article shared five ways to record gameplay on Windows 11 without lag: EaseUS RecExperts, Xbox Game Bar, Movavi Screen Recorder, Aiseesoft Screen Recorder, and OBS Studio. We hope that these methods can help you record gameplay without any lags.
EaseUS RecExperts is our most recommended tool because it has the most powerful recording functions, such as recording multiple windows and recording with no lag. It also provides an in-built video editor to help you make professional-looking videos quickly.
Record Gameplay on Windows 11 FAQs
1. Does Windows 11 have a screen recorder?
Yes, Windows 11 has a built-in screen record feature called Xbox Game Bar. You can use it to record video games with no lag time. But this built-in tool doesn't have the video editing function.
2. How do I record my screen on Windows 11 without the game bar?
There are various screen recording software except for the Game Bar, such as EaseUS RecExperts, OSB Studio, Aiseesoft Screen Recorder, etc. These great screen recorders can be used on Windows 11 without lag.
3. How can I record PC gameplay for free?
Xbox Game Bar and OSB Studio are free screen recorders that can record PC gameplay. Xbox Game Bar is a Windows built-in screen recorder, and OSB Studio can be used on Windows, macOS, and Linux. OSB Studio is more suitable for those professionals because it has a complicated interface, which may confuse beginners.
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.