Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
ProctorHub is a great tool to detect academic integrity violations and help restrict cheating. But as a student appearing for the first time for the test, you may wonder, Does ProctorHub record your screen?
Here's a question from Reddit:
We understand more questions can puzzle your mind, and you may feel skeptical about appearing for your online test. You must continue reading our post to find the right answer. Also, while taking the quiz, you may use free video recording software or an online screen recorder to record your performance for the future. Let's explore the answers with a powerful screen recording option.
ProctorHub test is a UCF test monitoring system that uses a webcam to monitor test-taking activity during online testing. The program can record videos from a webcam (images and screenshots only) and a microphone, and once the test is complete, a script runs to compile the photos into a video on a weekly schedule.
The primary features of ProctorHub are:
- It is a free-of-cost program that doesn't charge any fee from students for its use
- Videos are accessible only to the instructor
- ProctorHub does not record your computer screen
- Recorded videos are stored in a secure environment
- ProctorHub is incompatible with Apple iOS like iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and Android smartphones
- Helps assist in documenting a quiz in case of a cheating allegation
To take a test using ProctorHub:
- Register for the program and select an available time to take the exam on the day of your assigned exam.
- Ensure you have a valid UCF student ID and Adobe Flash Player downloaded on the system.
- Test out your webcam before beginning the exam.
- Upon taking the exam, hold your UCF ID up to the webcam for 5 seconds and put it down to begin the exam.
- If your webcam stops working during the test, continue taking the exam and take a screenshot of any issues that occur. Your instructor will handle this situation on a case-by-case basis.
- Before beginning the test or quiz, students must have a web camera attached to their computer equipment; most laptops have built-in webcams. However, if their laptops don't have one or have some issue, they can visit and check out webcams from the UCF Libraries' LibTach desk. There are also computers with webcams in the UCF library that the students can use to take their quizzes.
ProctorHub monitors for movements and noises out of the ordinary, and an immediate email is sent to the professor if it's the case. Here, the professor can go back and see what happened in a series of screenshots and webcam photos, but not as a video.
ProctorHub test is an integration that assists faculty members with quiz and exam authentication while helping to curb cheating. The University of Central Florida (UCF) developed this program that uses test takers' webcams and the modern features of current web browsers to capture the test-taking process.
So, Does ProctorHub record your screen? No. It only records that's viewable by your webcam, and your computer screen is not recorded. However, it monitors your screen contents.
ProctorHub is a relatively easy program to use and asks permission to use a working computer with a built-in webcam and microphone available. However, if you wonder, Can ProctorHub hear you, the answer is no. It only uses virtual content to record you regardless of your environmental sounds and noise.
Suppose your laptop's microphone does not work; you can use the program's chat box available to the student and the proctor. You may also think, Does ProctorHub know when you switch tabs? ProctorHub records in 5-10 second bursts and not even a full continuous recording. So if you're on a different tab that your test for over 15 seconds, you may get into trouble.
People Also Ask:
You now know that the ProctorHub test does not record your PC screen. So you can record your screen while taking the test and view your performance to practice in the future. EaseUs RecExperts is a powerful suggestion to help you record voiceover, capture your computer screen, and record Steam game videos.
- 🏅Rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- 💻Compatibility: Windows PC and macOS
You can record your ProctorHub quiz and other videos and play them in its built-in free record player stutter-free in raw format without compression, adjust the playback speed, and save the playback history.
- Record streaming videos on Instagram and other platforms without notifying others
- Features a built-in screenshot software to capture the entire screen or a selected part
- Records any sound from the system or microphone
- Enables adding watermark to recorded videos as digital signature
Now, you can seamlessly screen record ChatGPT conversations and other streaming videos hassle-free. Download this excellent screen recorder, EaseUS RecExperts, to avail yourself of its high-end screen-record features and functionalities.
EaseUs RecExperts is the best screen recorder solution with a built-in video editor, video cutter, and record player for all your needs to elevate your recording and video-viewing experience.
Share this passage with others to help more people know this full-featured screen recorder!
ProctorHub is an integration into Web courses built by UCF's Center for Distributed Learning. It is an identity confirmation companion that helps the instructor curb cheating and ensure that the same person takes the test from start to finish. But "Does ProctorHub record your screen?" You now have the relevant answer. You can use EaseUS RecExperts to screen-record your test and other streaming videos and gameplays and view them in its built-in record player. Download and try EaseUs RecExperts today.
We have discussed the ProctorHub test and the best free screen recorder. However, if you need to find answers to more questions, these FAQs can help tackle your queries.
1. Does ProctorHub use a microphone?
Yes. ProctorHub asks permission for the webcam and microphone to run before taking tests on it. So ensure your microphone is turned on by clicking the button next to your webcam.
2. Can ProctorHub detect screen recordings?
ProctorHub doesn't watch you in real-time. It is only a passive proctoring solution and records only what is viewable by your webcam. It should not detect screen recording because it does not record your computer screen.
3. Does ProctorHub record audio?
No. ProctorHub does not record any audio content. It just records video content visible through your face/web camera with no audio.
One-click to capture anything on screen!
No Time Limit, No watermarkStart Recording