Table of Contents
With e-learning becoming more and more popular, there is a surge in need for screencast software tools. If you are a tutor or someone who teaches people how to do things on their computers, you might also be looking for a good screencast software to use on your machine. Such software allows you to record your computer's screen along with your audio, and you can then share this video with your students.
If you have not been able to find a good program yet, you can try the following free screencast software tools we will share in this post.
You may also like: Top 10 best free screen recorder without watermark >>
Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts
Compatibility: Windows 11/10/8/7 and macOS
There are many screen recorders, and EaseUS RecExperts is the best among all those tools. This screen recording software comes with a neatly organized interface and offers nearly all the features you seek from screencast software. Not only can you capture your computer screen with this tool, but you can also record computer audio and webcam.
- Make various types of recordings
- Support for schedule recording automatically
- Include audio from multiple sources in your recordings
- Add a webcam overlay to your videos
- Record a specific area on your screen
Unlike other similar tools, this tool does not use all your resources while recording your screen. The tool uses comparatively fewer resources leading to an excellent overall performance of your computer system. Now click the below button to install this excellent screen recorder on your computer.
Top 2. TinyTake
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
One of the reasons you should choose TinyTake over other tools is that this tool claims to be the fastest way to help you make screencasts on your computer. The tool has a simple three-step procedure where you make your screencast, add annotations to your screencast to explain your concepts more nicely, and then share your screencasts with the people you want.
This free screencast software allows you to capture your screen for quite a long period. That should be enough for most users unless you look to record your screen for an indefinite time. It has several editing tools included with it as well.
- Make screencasts as long as two hours
- Add video footage from your webcam
- Record certain areas or full screen of your computer
- Easily share your content with others
- Specify your custom keyboard shortcuts
Top 3. Icecream Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10
If you are someone who prefers a modern free screencasting tool, you will like Icecream Screen Recorder. It comes with a friendly, stylish, and elegant user interface that everyone will fall in love with. Using this tool, you can create many types of screencasts on your computer for free. All you need to do is to click a button, and your recording begins.
It offers several screencast options, such as capturing only the specific areas on your screen. You can also add your logo to your screencasts if you would like.
- Create screencasts of any part of your computer screen
- Record webinars as well as 3D games
- Add both internal as well as mic audio to your screencasts
- Easily select the last used area for capturing
- Quickly share your recorded screencasts
Top 4. ShareX
Compatibility: Windows 7/8.1/10
Some people prefer closed-source apps, and then some people prefer open-source apps. If you are the latter kind, ShareX is a great option to make screencasts on your computer. ShareX is a free and open-source tool that has been around for more than a decade, helping people take screenshots as well as capture screens.
You can use this free screencast software to make any screencasts you want on your machine. With this tool on your computer, you can make all of that, from training videos to particular tutorials. It is lightweight, so you do not need to worry about using up all your computer resources.
- No advertisements in the program
- Custom workflows for better efficiency
- Various screencast methods to use
- Upload your screencasts to many services
- URL shorteners are included
Top 5. QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a free screencast software for Mac machines. You probably already know this tool as a media player app, but it is much more than just a player. With this tool, not only can you make some great video screencasts, but you can use the tool to make audio recordings as well. Since Apple itself has developed it, it nicely integrates with macOS. You can simply fire up the app, choose the option to create a screencast, and it will let you record your screencast just the way you want. There is no extra fluff.
- Work faster and quicker than other tools
- Make screencasts without a lag on your Mac
- Quickly save your recorded files
- Full integration with macOS
- The option to include or exclude your cursor in the screencast
Top 6. OBS Studio
Compatibility: macOS and Windows
OBS Studio is a great way to make some excellent and customizable screencasts on your Mac machine. It is a free and open source screen recorder, and you can use it in both personal as well as professional environments. Among all other tools, this one offers the most customizable options.
Once you launch the software, you find that there are a lot of options to configure on the main screen itself. You can add and delete scenes, add various sources for recording, and so on. The buttons on the right let you start and stop recordings for your screencasts.
- Free to use in both commercial and personal environments
- Add an unlimited number of scenes to your screencasts
- Include audio and video from various sources
- Remove and add sources as you please
- View all your screencasts in a single folder
Top 7. VLC Media Player
Compatibility: macOS 10.7.5 or later
Most of you know VLC Media Player as a media player app, but it also has screencasting features. That means that you can use this free and open-source app to make any screencasts as well on your computer. You need to head into the right settings panel and enable an option to allow screencasts to be made with this tool.
There are several options that you can set up for your screencasts in this app. You can choose a video format, an audio format, choose an audio source, and various other options for your screen recordings. There is just so much to explore in this free screencast software.
- Free and open-source screencast software
- Work well across many platforms
- Loads of customizable options for your screencasts
- Quick and easy to learn
Top 8. TechSmith Capture
Compatibility: macOS 10.13 or later
TechSmith Capture, formerly known as Jing, is a software tool you can use to make some basic screencasts on your Mac machine. This app aims to help you create screencasts that are basic yet very effective for your viewers. Once you have created a screencast, it is just a matter of a few clicks to share it with your audience.
It supports longer video recordings which means you do not need to split up your videos. Also, it supports audio recording from both your mic as well as system. You can use it to add your webcam footage to your recordings as well. Your videos are saved in the popular MP4 format.
- Create basic screencasts with extreme ease
- Include system audio and webcam footage in your screencasts
- Easily share your recorded screencasts
- Export your screencasts in a popular file format
- Simple annotation tools are included
If you are looking to make a screencast, the above list of some of the best free screencast software will be of great help to you. It helps you explore some outstanding options like EaseUS RecExperts that make it significantly easier to get started with screencasts on your computers.
People Also Ask
If you have questions about screencasts, the following might help you.
1. How do I screencast for free?
You can use a free tool to screencast for free. You can use something like EaseUS RecExperts or OBS to make screencasts on your computer.
2. What is the best free screen capture software?
Many software tools can be considered to be the best free screen capture software. Ultimately, it all comes down to your personal preferences and what you like.
3. What is the best screencasting app?
There are many good screencasting apps, such as EaseUS RecExperts and VLC. You can choose the one that fits your needs.
4. How do you do a screencast on a PC?
You have several tools to screencast on a PC. Some of these tools are TinyTake and Icecream Screen Recorder. You are free to choose the tool that works best for you.
Was This Page Helpful?