Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
Have you tried to screencast the screen as a picture on Windows 7? Do you want to upgrade your experience with a new tool? The top 9 screen recorder Windows 7 are introduced here to help meet your specific needs.
Which tool should you use to make an effective video tutorial or market your business to online customers? To help you with decision-making, we run a test on the most popular Windows 7 screen recorder apps. Check the testing data below.
|🔢How many testes||20, mainly the free version|
|🖥️System compatibility||Windows 7 and others|
|✅Recording options||Screen/audio/browser/webcam recording|
|🛺Modes of recording||Manual and automatic recording|
|👷🏻Suitable for||Teachers/vloggers/office workers...|
|🥇Most recommended||EaseUS RecExperts (Win/Mac)|
Now, this shortlist offers you informed decisions. Read through it and choose the best recorder you want to download.
|Top 9 Best Screen Recorder||Features|
|1. EaseUS RecExperts [Editor's Pick]||
|2. Windows Screen Recorder - Free Cam||
|3. Windows 7 Screen Recorder - ShareX||
|4. Screen Recorder for PC - CamStudio||
|5. Screen Recorder for Windows - Ezvid||
|6. Windows Screen Recorder - OBS Studio||
|7. Screen Recorder for Windows - TinyTake||
|8. PC Screen Recorder - Camtasia||
|9. FlashBack Screen Recorder||
The first recommendation to help you screen record on Windows 7 is EaseUS RecExperts, which can record the screen and the system audio, microphone, and webcam connected to your computer. All the recording activities will be done in a few simple steps with this intuitive Mac and Windows screen recorder.
There is also a built-in video & audio trimmer you can use to edit savings effortlessly. Also, it's available to view the saved videos in this screen recorder. The only prerequisite is to download the screen capture for Windows 7 PC first.
- 👨🎓User Review⭐⭐⭐⭐
- EaseUS RecExpert is an easy-to-use and powerful screen recording software for anyone on Windows or Mac. With super intuitive interface and multiple screen capture options, it makes screen recording a piece of cake. With this software, users can record video and audio from the computer, or record webcam with ease. This software is a good fit for recording zoom meeting, webinars, YouTube videos, streaming videos and many more. - From G2
Free Cam is one of the straightforward screen recorders free download with a built-in audio/video editor. The attractive and intuitive interface allows creating screencasts easily. Also, you can make a recording of your entire screen, a selected area of the screen, or a single window.
This Windows screen recorder provides a full set of features for creating professional video lessons and e-Learning presentations. While recording, you can even highlight the mouse cursor and turn on mouse click sounds to emphasize important details and steps.
- Free screen recorder no watermark, time limits, or ads
- Record voice-overs and computer sounds
- Export videos as WMV or upload them directly to social media platforms like YouTube
- Support a wide selection of audio effects
- Save recordings as WMV only
- No webcam recording option
- 👨🎓User Review⭐⭐⭐⭐
- With Free Cam, you can create engaging screencasts and video tutorials. Enjoy the user-friendly interface and a set of useful features, like customizable recording area (capture the full screen, certain area or application), microphone and system sounds recording, and more. - From G2
✅Check how Reddit users think about Free Cam:
ShareX is the best free screen recorder for PC Windows 7 that boasts almost as many custom features as some paid software screen recorders. You can capture the full or partial screen flexibly.
This tool can be used as a video screenshot tool on Windows 7, and it has the default screenshot folder. However, it is mostly targeted toward professional users, so an average customer might get lost in the advanced tools.
- Incorporate hotkeys for easier and quicker navigation
- Support many URL sharing services
- Import existing videos, music, or photos
- It isn't easy for common users
- Can work as a webcam recorder
CamStudio is a good choice for one-time or occasional users with minimal editing needs. The Windows 7 free screen recorder is able to record all screen activities, record audio on PC and create AVI videos easily.
Moreover, this open-source screen recorder creates videos in AVI format that can later be converted to SWF. And the interface is very small, which reduces the difficulty when capturing your screen.
- Create a screen-in-screen video
- Allow creating small-sized files
- Customize the cursor as you like
- Quality options are available for output video
- Output only as AVI files
- Lack of interactive and animation features
Ezvid claims to be the world's easiest screen recorder, and that may not be too far from the truth. Ezvid's clarity is enhanced by the product's speed, specifically designed to save users' time.
This Windows 7 screen recorder can help produce and upload videos directly to media platforms like YouTube. That is why the tool enjoys notoriety among game players and movie fans interested in frequently making video clips in the quickest manner possible.
- Allow automatic high-quality resolution
- Support speed control over output videos
- Offer sleek and modern interface
- Instantaneous uploading to YouTube
- Show minor bugs and inconsistencies
As an open source screen recorder on Windows 7, OBS Studio is able to record screen, audio, and gameplay. For Windows 7 users, this tool is a free and efficient solution for capturing anything on the computer screen. Also, you can choose the audio resources, including the system and external sound.
At the same time, you are allowed to apply more advanced settings for video and audio. For example, it's accessible to change the video bitrate, encoder, audio bitrate, etc.
- Free and functional screen capture software on Windows
- Capture streaming audio and video
- Record streaming-video with high quality
- Advanced settings for output selections
- With a complex interface
- 👨🎓User Review⭐⭐⭐⭐
- OBS Studio is a powerful program that doesn‘t make too much of an impact on your PC‘s performance. It is not a tool that just starts up and works, however. It requires time to understand how it works and how to get the most out of it, and the patience to learn how to troubleshoot when things don‘t work as expected. - By Ian Paul, from PCWorld
🚩Check how Reddit users think about OBS Studio:
TinyTake is a sophisticated screen recorder for Windows 7. It allows you to capture screens and images from the computer and then store all your recordings in the cloud as it comes with an online cloud-based gallery.
Moreover, it allows adding comments while recording or annotating your captured images and videos from the local drive. Most importantly, after recording, you can directly upload video captures to YouTube.
- Public URL is available for sharing
- Support a built-in online file viewer for images, videos, and documents
- Allow creating custom shortcut keys
- Record full screen on Windows 10
- The free version has a 5-minute limit for video recording
- Video files are saved as MP4 only
- 👨🎓User Review⭐⭐⭐⭐
- TinyTake is a free screen capture & video recording software for Microsoft Windows & Mac. With TinyTake, you can capture images and videos of your computer screen, add comments and share them with others in minutes. TinyTake is ideally suited for anyone who is doing online customer support, customer documentation, educational videos or just want's to take the hassle out of capturing screenshots. TinyTake makes the whole process of capturing or recording super easy & fast. - From G2
Camtasia is another great screen recording software for Windows 7. It can record video and audio one after another, combining the results afterward. What differentiates it from other screen capturing software is that it allows creating and adding quizzes and interactivity in videos.
It is able to record anything on the computer with this application. After that, you can instantly upload the savings to YouTube, Vimeo, Screencast, or your online video course.
- Improve sound quality of a recorded video
- Add captions and quizzes to your videos
- It has a library of royalty-free music and sound effects
- One of the most expensive screen recorders
- It has a busy multi-track interface
- 👨🎓User Review⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Camtasia is a screen recording and video making solution designed to create, edit, and share videos. It can help users create content for lessons, tutorials, product demos, plus more. Users can record desktop screens or use webcams to create videos. With Camtasia, users can use various video templates as well as add annotations and effects to recordings. This solution is compatible with Mac and Windows devices. - From Software Advice
If you are wondering: how do I record my screen on windows 7? FlashBack Screen Recorder can help. It is one of the fastest desktop recorders on Windows 7 to capture and edit video. It is a full-motion-based screen recording software with a simple, handy interface.
You can capture the screen, along with a webcam and microphone, and then make the recording better with built-in editing tools and add captions, arrows, images, highlights, etc.
- Record multiple monitors
- Allow adding distinctive and custom watermarks
- Quickly upload videos to YouTube
- Record Google Meet sessions
- Difficult to modify existing demos
- Can not track the movement of windows in use
- 👨🎓User Review⭐⭐⭐⭐
- FlashBack Express is an on-premise screen recording and editing tool for PCs. This solution can be used to capture screenshots, record short clips, and create instructional videos. Videos can be shared directly to YouTube. - From TechRadar
There are many screen recorders that can be used on Windows 7 PC. However, some are not effective enough. Here, you see different Windows 7 screen recorders. Among them, EaseUS RecExperts is the best one since it is full-featured yet easy to use. Catch this chance to download it now!
FAQs About Best Screen Recorder for Windows 7
Don't skip this part if you want to know more information about the screen recorder on Windows 7.
1. Does Windows 7 have a screen recorder?
No, Windows 7 does not have a screen recorder. If you want to capture your Windows 7 PC screen, try some third-party screen recording software, like ShareX, OBS Studio, FreeCam, etc.
2. How do I record my screen on Windows 7 for free?
To capture screens on Windows 7 for free, try EaseUS RecExperts, an all-in-one screen recorder. Just launch it, select the recording area, then hit the "REC" button. You can get your savings in a few moments later.
3. What is the best free screen recorder for Windows 7?
Different users have different definitions for the best Windows 7 screen recorder. Here are some popular ones for you to choose from.
- OBS Studio
- Free Cam
- EaseUS RecExperts