Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Crystal Chen is very interested in technology products. Experiencing many technological applications, She is willing to solve users' problems through writing tech-related articles. Through her words, you can find various solutions to solve one issue. …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to multimedia tools including screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data security, including articles about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
- Top 8 Zoom Recording Software for PC and Mac
- Best 4 Zoom Recording App for iOS and Android
- FAQs about Zoom Recording Software
Zoom, a popular video conferencing software, offers local recording ability to free and paid subscribers. A participant can record the video and audio in a meeting locally, upload the file to Dropbox and Google Drive, or stream it to YouTube or Vimeo flexibly. But this feature is available only if the organizer or the host of the meeting allows you to do. But if he disables the "Record", then how can you get this job done?
Actually, what you need is Zoom recording software. Depending on your favorite platform, there are options for desktop computers (both Windows and macOS) and mobile apps for smartphones. Given that, 12 popular Zoom screen recording software is shared in this post. Go on reading to find the one that suits your needs best.
|🔑Zoom account tested||Accounts with/without the host permission|
|💻Test for||Windows and Mac users|
|⏱️Recording time tested||1 hour for each product|
|🥇Most recommended||EaseUS RecExperts (Win/Mac)|
Part 1. Top 8 Zoom Recording Software for PC and Mac
Generally speaking, it's not easy to find a helpful Zoom meeting recording app. However, finding your desired one does take some time. So to help you get an excellent Zoom screen recorder, the top 6 tools on Windows and Mac are shared with you. Also, their core functionalities are introduced. Now, let's jump into it!
- #EaseUS RecExperts ★★★
- #Windows 10 Game Bar
- #OBS Studio
- #QuickTime Player
- #VLC Media Player
1. EaseUS RecExperts ★★★
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
EaseUS RecExperts can run perfectly on Windows and macOS. This Mac and Windows screen recorder supports recording remote online meetings and video calls effectively.
As one of the screen recorders free download, it enables you to record a video from your webcam or as a webcam overlay to increase the engagement of future viewers of your recording, which can help when you're making tutorial videos or podcasts. If the video is too long or there are unwanted scenes, you can trim it with a built-in trimmer.
For Mac, it also lets you record full screen on Windows 10 or record a selected area flexibly while recording online meetings. Besides recording the meeting video, it can record audio and webcam in a few clicks. Most importantly, you can choose output formats for video and audio like MP3, MP4, and AVI, with high-quality output.
- Record Microsoft Teams meeting, Google Meet, and other conferences
- Suitable for both beginners and professionals
- Capture screen, audio, and webcam in high quality
- Able to record online conferences with no time limit
- Schedule recording function to start/end task
Try EaseUS RecExperts to find stunning features! Record Zoom meetings now and no registration is needed.
For your convenience, here we offer a video tutorial on recording Zoom meetings. Let's take a look!
2. Windows 10 Game Bar
Compatibility: Windows 10
This program, included with Windows 10, helps record and broadcast video games. Besides gamers, the Game Bar is useful for any video capture, including recording a Zoom meeting, and while recording, it also allows you to adjust the Zoom application volume. Even if it's a pre-installed recorder, it still can capture video in high quality.
To use this Zoom recording software on Windows, your graphic card (dedicated or CPU integrated) must support one of three encoders: Intel Quick Sync H.264, Nvidia NVENC, or AMD VCE.
- Offer a performance panel that provides information about your current CPU, GPU, and RAM usage
- The Broadcasts & Capture pane offers a way to capture screenshots and even live-stream them to the world
- The Game bar interface doesn't always show up inconsistent performance in some tests
[5 Ways] How to Take a Zoom Screenshot in 2022
Learn about the 5 ways to take a Zoom screenshot in 2022!
3. OBS Studio
Compatibility: Windows 8/10 (Support also macOS, Linux)
As an open-source screen recorder, OBS Studio is also a free Zoom screen recorder. To capture Zoom meetings, you have to set up your screen recording session, like choosing Window Capture from the Sources menu.
This software can create video clips made up of multiple sources, including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, video cards. You can also set up hotkeys for different actions, like switching between scenes, starting/stopping streams or recordings, muting audio sources, etc.
- High performance of the real-time video and audio capturing the Zoom meeting
- Easily convert (remix) recorded files into a different format
- Record Webex meeting and other online conferences
- A Studio Mode allows you to preview your sources before live streaming
- No editing tools available to use
- It is a little bit complicated to use, especially for beginners
Bandicam provides screen and audio recording functionality. It can record various activities on a PC screen - remote lectures, webinars, games, Skype calls, which is one of the popular screen recorders for Zoom recording.
While recording Zoom meetings, you can capture your whole screen or just the Zoom application window as a video file. When the Zoom meeting is already recorded, you can share it with YouTube, Facebook, or Vimeo.
- Record the part of screen as you wish
- You can mix the microphone sound with the webcam recording
- Use DirectX/OpenGL graphics to record HD video sessions
- You can add mouse effects to highlight special moments from the Zoom meeting
- The application has a version only for Windows platforms
- There are not many editing tools
5. QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a natural option for many Mac users to do screen recording activities because it's bundled into the macOS. You can use it to record your Zoom meeting with a few simple clicks. For screen recording, you need to choose the New Screen Recording option and adjust the settings, like enabling the microphone and selecting the quality output video file.
Besides that, this Zoom recording software also offers you some editing functions to modify your recordings, including trimming a Zoom recording.
- Automatically included with macOS
- An intuitive, easy-to-use interface that makes it easy to navigate
- Work with iTunes files
- Less breadth of compatibility than competitors
- No playback support, especially for file formats like AVI and FLV
Compatibility: macOS X 10.9 Mavericks and above (available for Windows)
This Zoom-capturing software can be used on both Windows and macOS machines. It provides intuitive and affordable video-capturing tools. You can record screen and webcam and use an external microphone to record the audio.
The recorded clip can be edited with the integrated editor, by adding text, animations, or fluid transitions. When the final video file is ready, you can share it on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
- Free to use and user-friendly
- A built-in speech-to-text feature
- Basic editing functions are offered
- The free version puts a watermark on your video
- The maximum length of the Zoom meeting can be up to 15 minutes
7. VLC Media Player
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, and other operating systems
This open-source Zoom meeting recording app can be used on Windows, Mac, and other operating systems. It's free-to-use and you can even edit the parameters for Zoom recording, like frame rate, etc. If you want to record Zoom with this app, click "File" > "Open Capture Device".
- Record, stream, convert and play the media files
- Cross-platform and free-to-use Zoom recording app
- Free screen recorder no watermark
- Cannot record the target window of the Zoom app
- Support limited output format
The last recommeded app for Zoom meeting is ShareX, which can be used on Windows effectively. It's also an open-source screen recorder to record any area of the screen. To capture Zoom meetings, you can use it to record video on PC in Windows 10, capture the sound, and take a screenshot without permission.
- Simple and friendly interface
- Best Zoom recording software on Windows
- Record Zoom meeting with audio
- Only used on Windows
Part 2. Best 4 Zoom Recording App for iOS and Android
There are still some people who like to use their smartphones to attend and record online meetings. So in this part, we will talk about 4 amazing Zoom recording applications for Android and iPhone users.
- #iOS Built-in Screen Recorder
- #Mobizen Screen Recorder
- #AZ Screen Recorder
- #Recorder for Zoom, Online Meeting & Live Streaming
1. iOS Built-in Screen Recorder
Compatibility: iOS 11 or later
iPhone users can rely on the built-in screen recording app, which enables them to capture all activities on the device's screen. If you need to record your Zoom meeting using an iPhone, you have to start a new meeting and then head over to the Control Center.
After the screen recording session starts, you can use a toolbar to pause, resume, or stop the recording. Once you have recorded the video, you can share it with the target audience.
- Easy to use and a built-in screen recorder for the iPhone/iPad
- Free to use this app with basic features like toggle microphone audio on or off
- You can't adjust resolution, fps, or even the bitrate
- Hard to deal with internal audio
2. Mobizen Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Android 4.4 or later
This helpful mobile app can be used to record screens in 1080p resolution and at 60fps. Especially it will help you to record a Zoom meeting. When the online event starts, you tap on the Record button, and it will capture your phone's screen. What's more, this app allows you to store your recorded video session on an external SD card so that you can record long videos.
- Record a clean screen without a watermark with Clean Recording Mode
- High Quality supported - 1080p Resolution, 12.0Mbps, 60 FPS
- A Booster Mode allows unsupported devices to record your video
- It doesn't record internal sounds, only through the device's microphone
- A lot of free ads and in-app purchases
3. AZ Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Android 5.0 or later
This is a simple Zoom recording mobile app, which also records clips in Full HD resolution. The main advantage of AZ Screen Recorder is that it doesn't limit your screen recording so you can use it during any Zoom meeting.
While recording, you can capture the internal and external sound, grab the whole screen, and simultaneously footage from the front camera. It works reliable, so it will not freeze or crash in the middle of your online meeting. You can even shake your smartphone, and the app will stop the recording.
- Basic video editing tools that enable you to polish your video quickly
- Allow you to share the recorded Zoom meeting with colleagues or partners
- Unlimited time of screen recording
- Video editor not available
4. Recorder for Zoom, Online Meeting & Live Streaming
Compatibility: Android 5.0 or newer
This brand-new app aims at screen recording for Zoom and other video conferences recorder. It will help you record presentations from your teacher, colleague, or boss. It can also be used for all applications on your phone, like the Voice Call app, Game app, Live streaming app, etc. So it allows you to record the screen of your phone from other applications directly.
It shows a floating button to record when you need it easily. Also, choosing the desired quality, resolution, bitrate, frame rate (fps), and recording orientation is possible.
- Easy-to-use recording for Zoom and online meeting
- Change the resolution, bitrate, and frame rate
- Record video from all applications on your phone
- The phone must be on speakers to record the audio
The popular Zoom platform allows only paid plans for webinar organizing and recording. To record the Zoom meeting as a guest without the host's permission, select one screen recordings application mentioned above.
This guide presents 12 of the popular Zoom meeting recording software so that you can participate in the meeting in peace without worrying that you will miss something important. The most suitable application is EaseUS RecExperts, as it's feature-rich and provides capable recording functions. It works smoothly and does not affect computer performance. As well you can export the recorded video in quite different formats!
FAQs about Zoom Recording Software
Here is more information about the Zoom recording app.
1. What is the best software/app to record Zoom meetings??
There is the top 12 popular Zoom meeting recording software:
- EaseUS RecExperts
- Windows 10 Game Bar
- OBS Studio
- QuickTime Player
- VLC Media Player
- iOS Built-in Screen Recorder
- Mobizen Screen Recorder
- AZ Screen Recorder
- Recorder for Zoom, Online Meeting & Live Streaming
2. Can you record a Zoom meeting without anyone knowing??
Only the host can record the Zoom meetings with the default capturing method. For a participant who wants to record the meeting, it's a need to ask for the host's permission.
If you want to record Zoom without hosting permission or without anyone knowing, try a third-party screen recording utility to allow recording the video conference.
3. Can you record using free Zoom?
If you are the host or some participants who got permission from the host, you can start recording the Zoom meeting with the built-in method. But it only offers some basic recording features.
To apply more fantastic recording methods such as choosing the output format, audio resource, and more, try other screen recorders introduced above.
One-click to capture anything on screen!
No Time Limit, No watermarkStart Recording