Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses …Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean is recognized as one of the most professional writers in EaseUS. She has kept improving her writing skills over the past 10 years and helped millions of her readers solve their tech problems on PC, Mac, and iOS devices.…Read full bio
Jerry is a fan of science and technology, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. He loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. All the topics he chooses aim to offer users more instructive information.…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, screen recorder, disk clone, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on various computer issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
QUICKLY JUMP TO:
- Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts★★★★★
- Top 2. OBS Studio
- Top 3. Monosnap
- Top 4. QuickTime Player
- Top 5. Screencast-O-Matic
- Top 6. ActivePresenter
- Top 7. IceCream Screen Recorder
- Top 8. VLC Media Player
- Top 9. Movavi Screen Recorder
- Top 10. ScreenFlow
- Clipping Software Mac FAQs
Many people need clipping tools or a screen and video recorder to record and even edit a video. Mac users are no different. People can use these tools to record training courses or presentations. Games, teachers, and officers can all be benefited from these tools.
Although Mac offers a screen recording tool to its users, it is necessary to give you more choices. Therefore, we give you the top 10 clipping software for Mac in this article. Check them one by one!
When we talk about the best clipping software Mac users should try, EaseUS RecExperts for Mac is often mentioned. This Mac screen recorder allows users to record the full screen or a portion selected.
Besides capturing the screen solely, you can also record screen on Mac with audio simultaneously. The system sound, microphone voice, and background audio can all be recorded if you want.
Not only that, it offers many functions to make your recordings better. Check them one by one below.
- Capture screen, webcam, and audio at the same time
- Record streaming video to share with your friends
- It is a 100% safe and secure screen recorder
- Record videos in formats like MP4, AVI, etc.
- It is a no-lag screen recorder to record smoothly
Download this tool by clicking the button below.
OBS Studio is a popular open-source screen recorder that works well on Mac. It can be used to record the screen, audio, and gaming clips with a few clicks. It is also a totally free screen recording program you can use.
However, if you are new to this industry, you need to spend a lot of time getting used to it. This is because there's not much training material included in the software. If you are a good learner, you can have a try.
- Capture 4K videos for its users
- Offer a built-in audio mixer
- Give users extra customization options
- The interface is not so clear
- Incidentally break down sometimes
Monosnap is one of the best clipping software for gaming that is great for screen recording. It allows users to capture a selected area or specific window of the screen. To make it simple, you can make use of hotkeys.
It is said that people like to use it to record a presentation during meetings. This is because it can record Powerpoint and audio in the meantime. Also, you can use the blur feature to highlight anything you want.
- Users can choose to record high or lower-quality videos
- Recordings can be exported to Youtube
- Novices can operate this tool smoothly
- It can't be used on mobile devices
- Not many editing tools are offered
Mac offers a screen recorder to its users, and it is called QuickTime Player. It is a default video maker and player that comes with your Mac computers. Therefore, you don't need to download anything.
Just like other screen recorders, QuickTime Player can record the audio, screen, and webcam effectively for you. However, it cannot record internal audio on Mac. And this is why many Mac users need to find another tool.
- Record the screen with different modes
- Record your Skype videos easily
- The interface is thought as attractive
- Only MOV file format is supported
- Can't record system audio
Screencast-O-Matic is another screen recorder you can use to record the Mac screen. In fact, it is also a webcam recorder that can record your figure in the camera. Therefore, it is a good choice when you want to record and make a video tutorial.
If you don't want to pay for it, you may be bothered by a watermark. Besides, as the functions of the free version are limited, you can't use the full-screen recording feature.
- Relatively easy to use for many people
- Record the screen and webcam together
- Offer many customization options to users
- Can't use the computer system audio
- Functions in the free version are limited
ActivePresenter is another free screen recording tool we want to introduce to you. It is an all-in-one tool that enables users to record screens, webcams, microphones, and other connected devices.
Moreover, this free screen recorder with no watermark offers many video editing tools like cropping and splitting. Thus, you can edit recorded videos fi you have time and energy.
- Offer basic video editing tools
- Users can choose the effects they want
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Android
- Beginners may find it hard to use
- Advanced functions are not free
IceCream Screen Recorder is recommended because it can take a screenshot on a laptop or record videos quickly and easily. Compatible with both Mac and Windows systems, you don't have to worry about compatibility issues.
Moreover, with this recorder, you can even add shapes and text during the recording process. Unluckily, if you are using the free version, you can only keep the file in WEBM format.
- Record full or part of the screen
- Record audio when recording the screen
- Add a watermark to the screen recording
- Support limited file formats
- Video recording time is limited in the free version
VLC Media Player is another open-resource multimedia player that offers a screen recording function. Most multimedia files and DVDs, Audio CDs, and VCDs can be played with it.
But the most important thing is that this software can nearly run on all platforms, including macOS, Windows, Linux, and more. Whatever device and system you use, you can always record your screen successfully with this tool.
- Stream videos over the network
- Play many types of files easily
- Can be used to convert file formats
- Support capturing the full screen only
- No video editing tools offered
Movavi Screen Recorder is a Mac screen recorder that can capture video and audio simultaneously or separately. It is one of the screen recorders free download that saves recordings in MKV format by default.
Moreover, you can record your voice from a mic, capture your face with a webcam, and record internal sound with the system audio. You can even schedule recordings to make it start automatically.
- Easy to use for most people
- Offer a user-friendly interface
- Save files in many formats
- The original watermark can't be removed in the free version
- Can't edit the tags before sharing
ScreenFlow is another free Mac screen recorder. This screen-capturing software can record anything you want, including recording screen, recording computer audio, and recording microphone.
During recording, you can set the keystrokes and mouse movements; after recording, you can edit your recording using the editing features offered.
- It is lightweight and easy to use
- Export recorded videos to YouTube
- Record video and audio simultaneously
- Only the Mac version is offered
- Support limit file formats
Let's check some of the frequently asked questions related to clipping software for Mac below together.
1. How do you make a clipping on a Mac?
You can follow the steps offered here to take the screenshot you want.
- 1. Press and hold the "Shift", "Command" and "4" keys together.
- 2. Drag the crosshair sign to select the area of the screen to capture.
- 3. Release your mouse or trackpad button to take the screenshot.
2. Can you clip on a Mac?
Yes, you can. Just follow the steps in the answer above or use the clipping tools in this article to do so.
3. How do I enable screen clipping on a Mac?
You can enable screen clipping on a Mac by following the steps below:
- 1. Choose "Apple menu" > "System Settings".
- 2. Click "Privacy & Security" in the sidebar.
- 3. Click "Screen Recording" and turn the screen recording on.